What Drives People’s Opinions of Electricity Infrastructure? Empirical Evidence from Ireland
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Bertsch, Valentin & Hyland, Marie & Mahony, Michael, 2017. "What drives people's opinions of electricity infrastructure? Empirical evidence from Ireland," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 106(C), pages 472-497.
References listed on IDEAS
- Bertsch, Valentin & Hall, Margeret & Weinhardt, Christof & Fichtner, Wolf, 2016. "Public acceptance and preferences related to renewable energy and grid expansion policy: Empirical insights for Germany," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 114(C), pages 465-477.
- van der Horst, Dan, 2007. "NIMBY or not? Exploring the relevance of location and the politics of voiced opinions in renewable energy siting controversies," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(5), pages 2705-2714, May.
- Sándor Bozóki & Linda Dezső & Attila Poesz & József Temesi, 2013. "Analysis of pairwise comparison matrices: an empirical research," Annals of Operations Research, Springer, vol. 211(1), pages 511-528, December.
- Wustenhagen, Rolf & Wolsink, Maarten & Burer, Mary Jean, 2007. "Social acceptance of renewable energy innovation: An introduction to the concept," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(5), pages 2683-2691, May.
- Richard Carson & Jordan Louviere, 2011. "A Common Nomenclature for Stated Preference Elicitation Approaches," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 49(4), pages 539-559, August.
- Susana Batel & Patrick Devine-Wright, 2015. "A critical and empirical analysis of the national-local 'gap' in public responses to large-scale energy infrastructures," Journal of Environmental Planning and Management, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 58(6), pages 1076-1095, June.
- Wolsink, Maarten, 2007. "Wind power implementation: The nature of public attitudes: Equity and fairness instead of 'backyard motives'," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 11(6), pages 1188-1207, August.
- Victor Chernozhukov & Ivan Fernandez-Val & Jinyong Hahn & Whitney K. Newey, 2008.
"Identification and estimation of marginal effects in nonlinear panel models,"
CeMMAP working papers
CWP25/08, Centre for Microdata Methods and Practice, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Victor Chernozhukov & Ivan Fernandez-Val & Jinyong Hahn & Whitney Newey, 2009. "Identification and Estimation of Marginal Effects in Nonlinear Panel Models," Boston University - Department of Economics - Working Papers Series wp2009-b, Boston University - Department of Economics.
- Victor Chernozhukov & Ivan Fernandez-Val & Jinyong Hahn & Whitney K. Newey, 2009. "Identification and estimation of marginal effects in nonlinear panel models," CeMMAP working papers CWP05/09, Centre for Microdata Methods and Practice, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Aitken, Mhairi, 2010. "Why we still don't understand the social aspects of wind power: A critique of key assumptions within the literature," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(4), pages 1834-1841, April.
- Ciupuliga, A.R. & Cuppen, E., 2013. "The role of dialogue in fostering acceptance of transmission lines: the case of a France–Spain interconnection project," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 60(C), pages 224-233.
- Yoram Wind & Thomas L. Saaty, 1980. "Marketing Applications of the Analytic Hierarchy Process," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 26(7), pages 641-658, July.
- Bidwell, David, 2013. "The role of values in public beliefs and attitudes towards commercial wind energy," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 58(C), pages 189-199.
- Wolsink, Maarten, 2000. "Wind power and the NIMBY-myth: institutional capacity and the limited significance of public support," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 49-64.
- Wolsink, Maarten, 2007. "Planning of renewables schemes: Deliberative and fair decision-making on landscape issues instead of reproachful accusations of non-cooperation," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(5), pages 2692-2704, May.
- Jed Cohen, Klaus Moeltner, Johannes Reichl and Michael Schmidthaler, 2016. "An Empirical Analysis of Local Opposition to New Transmission Lines Across the EU-27," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 3).
- Brennan, Noreen & Van Rensburg, Thomas M, 2016. "Wind farm externalities and public preferences for community consultation in Ireland: A discrete choice experiments approach," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 94(C), pages 355-365.
- Upham, Paul & Shackley, Simon, 2006. "The case of a proposed 21.5 MWe biomass gasifier in Winkleigh, Devon: Implications for governance of renewable energy planning," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(15), pages 2161-2172, October.
- Battaglini, Antonella & Komendantova, Nadejda & Brtnik, Patricia & Patt, Anthony, 2012. "Perception of barriers for expansion of electricity grids in the European Union," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 47(C), pages 254-259.
- Matthew Cotton & Patrick Devine-Wright, 2011. "Discourses of Energy Infrastructure Development: A Q-Method Study of Electricity Transmission Line Siting in the UK," Environment and Planning A, , vol. 43(4), pages 942-960, April.
- Matthew Cotton & Patrick Devine-Wright, 2011. "Discourses of energy infrastructure development: a Q-method study of electricity transmission line siting in the UK," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 43(4), pages 942-960, April.
- Zoellner, Jan & Schweizer-Ries, Petra & Wemheuer, Christin, 2008. "Public acceptance of renewable energies: Results from case studies in Germany," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(11), pages 4136-4141, November.
- McCoy, Daire & Lyons, Sean & Morgenroth, Edgar & Palcic, Donal & Allen, Leonie, 2016. "The impact of local infrastructure on new business establishments," MPRA Paper 69074, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- J. Scott Long & Jeremy Freese, 2006. "Regression Models for Categorical Dependent Variables using Stata, 2nd Edition," Stata Press books, StataCorp LP, edition 2, number long2, April.
- Guo, Yue & Ru, Peng & Su, Jun & Anadon, Laura Diaz, 2015. "Not in my backyard, but not far away from me: Local acceptance of wind power in China," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 82(C), pages 722-733.
- repec:bla:jorssc:v:39:y:1990:i:2:p:205-217 is not listed on IDEAS
- Raven, R.P.J.M. & Mourik, R.M. & Feenstra, C.F.J. & Heiskanen, E., 2009. "Modulating societal acceptance in new energy projects: Towards a toolkit methodology for project managers," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 34(5), pages 564-574.
- Musall, Fabian David & Kuik, Onno, 2011. "Local acceptance of renewable energy--A case study from southeast Germany," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(6), pages 3252-3260, June.
- Richard Williams, 2006. "Generalized ordered logit/partial proportional odds models for ordinal dependent variables," Stata Journal, StataCorp LP, vol. 6(1), pages 58-82, March.
- van Rensburg, Thomas M. & Kelley, Hugh & Jeserich, Nadine, 2015. "What influences the probability of wind farm planning approval: Evidence from Ireland," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 111(C), pages 12-22.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Harold, Jason & Bertsch, Valentin & Lawrence, Thomas & Hall, Magie, 2018. "Drivers of people's preferences for spatial proximity to energy infrastructure technologies: a cross-country analysis," Papers WP583, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).
- repec:eee:enepol:v:120:y:2018:i:c:p:183-196 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:rensus:v:79:y:2017:i:c:p:765-778 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:gam:jeners:v:11:y:2018:i:6:p:1509-:d:151680 is not listed on IDEAS
- Slednev, Viktor & Bertsch, Valentin & Ruppert, Manuel & Fichtner, Wolf, 2017. "Highly resolved optimal renewable allocation planning in power systems under consideration of dynamic grid topology," MPRA Paper 79706, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:eee:ecolec:v:146:y:2018:i:c:p:447-474 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:energy:v:163:y:2018:i:c:p:822-836 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:enepol:v:131:y:2019:i:c:p:1-8 is not listed on IDEAS
- Valentin Bertsch & Valeria Di Cosmo, 2018.
"Are Renewables Profitable in 2030? A Comparison between Wind and Solar across Europe,"
2018.28, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Bertsch, Valentin & Di Cosmo, Valeria, 2018. "Are Renewables Profitable in 2030? A Comparison between Wind and Solar across Europe," ESP: Energy Scenarios and Policy 276178, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei (FEEM).
- Curtis, John & McCoy, Daire & Aravena Novielli, Claudia, 2017. "Determinants of residential heating system choice: an analysis of Irish households," Papers WP576, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).
- Lynch, Muireann A, 2017. "Re-evaluating Irish energy policy in light of brexit," Research Notes RN20170201, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).
- repec:esr:forcas:qec20172 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ENE-2016-11-20 (Energy Economics)
- NEP-EUR-2016-11-20 (Microeconomic European Issues)
- NEP-REG-2016-11-20 (Regulation)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:esr:wpaper:wp545. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sarah Burns). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/esriiie.html .