Competition as an Ambiguous Discovery Procedure: A Reappraisal of Hayek's Epistemic Market Liberalism
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Witt, Ulrich, 2013. "Competition As An Ambiguous Discovery Procedure: A Reappraisal Of F. A. Hayek'S Epistemic Market Liberalism," Economics and Philosophy, Cambridge University Press, vol. 29(1), pages 121-138, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Naomi Beck, 2015. "The garden of orderly polity: F. A. Hayek and T. H. Huxley’s views on social evolution," Journal of Bioeconomics, Springer, vol. 17(1), pages 83-96, April.
More about this item
Keywordscompetition; innovation; liberalism; knowledge; self-organization; Hayek Length 15 pages;
All these keywords.
- B25 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - History of Economic Thought since 1925 - - - Historical; Institutional; Evolutionary; Austrian; Stockholm School
- D80 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - General
- O33 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Innovation; Research and Development; Technological Change; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Technological Change: Choices and Consequences; Diffusion Processes
- P16 - Economic Systems - - Capitalist Systems - - - Political Economy of Capitalism
- Q55 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Environmental Economics: Technological Innovation
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-COM-2011-06-11 (Industrial Competition)
- NEP-HPE-2011-06-11 (History & Philosophy of Economics)
- NEP-PKE-2011-06-11 (Post Keynesian Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:esi:evopap:2011-06. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/vamarde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no bibliographic references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Christoph Mengs The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Christoph Mengs to update the entry or send us the correct address (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/vamarde.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.