Are Happier People Better Citizens?
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- J. Ott, 2011. "Government and Happiness in 130 Nations: Good Governance Fosters Higher Level and More Equality of Happiness," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 102(1), pages 3-22, May.
- Hajdu, Tamás & Hajdu, Gábor, 2017.
"The association between experiential and material expenditures and subjective well-being: New evidence from Hungarian survey data,"
Journal of Economic Psychology,
Elsevier, vol. 62(C), pages 72-86.
- Tamas Hajdu & Gabor Hajdu, 2015. "The association between experiential and material expenditures and subjective well-being: New evidence from Hungarian survey data," IEHAS Discussion Papers 1555, Institute of Economics, Centre for Economic and Regional Studies, Hungarian Academy of Sciences.
- Artjoms Ivlevs, 2015. "Happy Moves? Assessing the Link between Life Satisfaction and Emigration Intentions," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 68(3), pages 335-356, August.
- Jan Ott, 2010. "Greater Happiness for a Greater Number: Some Non-controversial Options for Governments," Journal of Happiness Studies, Springer, vol. 11(5), pages 631-647, October.
- Andreas Knabe & Steffen Rätzel & Stephan L. Thomsen, 2013.
"Right-Wing Extremism and the Well-Being of Immigrants,"
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 66(4), pages 567-590, November.
- Andreas Knabe & Steffen Rätzel & Stephan L. Thomsen, 2009. "Right-Wing Extremism and the Well-Being of Immigrants," CESifo Working Paper Series 2841, CESifo Group Munich.
- Knabe, Andreas & Rätzel, Steffen & Thomsen, Stephan L., 2009. "Right-wing extremism and the well-being of immigrants," Discussion Papers 2009/16, Free University Berlin, School of Business & Economics.
- Artjoms Ivlevs, 2014. "Happy moves? Assessing the impact of subjective well-being on the emigration decision," Working Papers 20141402, Department of Accounting, Economics and Finance, Bristol Business School, University of the West of England, Bristol.
- Jan Ott, 2013. "Science and Morality: Mind the Gap, Use Happiness as a Safe Bridge!," Journal of Happiness Studies, Springer, vol. 14(1), pages 345-351, March.
- Guven, Cahit, 2012.
"Reversing the question: Does happiness affect consumption and savings behavior?,"
Journal of Economic Psychology,
Elsevier, vol. 33(4), pages 701-717.
- Guven, Cahit, 2008. "Reversing the question. Does happiness affect consumption and savings behavior?," Working Papers eco_2008_20, Deakin University, Department of Economics.
- Cahit Guven, 2009. "Reversing the Question: Does Happiness Affect Consumption and Savings Behavior?," SOEPpapers on Multidisciplinary Panel Data Research 219, DIW Berlin, The German Socio-Economic Panel (SOEP).
- Rickardsson, Jonna & Mellander, Charlotta, 2017. "Absolute vs Relative Income and Life Satisfaction," Working Paper Series in Economics and Institutions of Innovation 451, Royal Institute of Technology, CESIS - Centre of Excellence for Science and Innovation Studies.
- Berggren, Niclas & Nilsson, Therese & Bjørnskov, Christian, 2015. "What Aspects of Society Affect the Quality of Life of a Minority? Global Evidence from the New Gay Happiness Index," Working Paper Series 1101, Research Institute of Industrial Economics.
- Yulei Rao & Lixing Mei & Rui Zhu, 2016. "Happiness and Stock-Market Participation: Empirical Evidence from China," Journal of Happiness Studies, Springer, vol. 17(1), pages 271-293, February.
- Koch, Christian, 2013. "The Virtue Ethics Hypothesis: Is there a nexus between virtues and well-being?," Annual Conference 2013 (Duesseldorf): Competition Policy and Regulation in a Global Economic Order 80054, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Ruut Veenhoven, 2015. "Informed Pursuit of Happiness: What we should know, do know and can get to know," Journal of Happiness Studies, Springer, vol. 16(4), pages 1035-1071, August.
- Delis, Manthos D. & Mylonidis, Nikolaos, 2015.
"Trust, happiness, and households’ financial decisions,"
Journal of Financial Stability,
Elsevier, vol. 20(C), pages 82-92.
- Delis, Manthos & Mylonidis, Nikolaos, 2015. "Trust, happiness, and households’ financial decisions," MPRA Paper 64906, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Martin Rode, 2013. "Do Good Institutions Make Citizens Happy, or Do Happy Citizens Build Better Institutions?," Journal of Happiness Studies, Springer, vol. 14(5), pages 1479-1505, October.
- Krause, Annabelle, 2013. "Don’t worry, be happy? Happiness and reemployment," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 96(C), pages 1-20.
- Jan Ott, 2014. "Good Question, Nice Answer, But Why Without Happiness?," Journal of Happiness Studies, Springer, vol. 15(3), pages 737-740, June.
- Ivlevs, Artjoms, 2015. "Happy Moves? Assessing the Link Between Life Satisfaction and Emigration Intentions," IZA Discussion Papers 9017, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Veenhoven, Ruut, 2012. "Evidence based pursuit of happiness: What should we know, do we know and can we get to know?," MPRA Paper 41924, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
Keywordshappiness; trust; social capital; optimism;
- D3 - Microeconomics - - Distribution
- O12 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Microeconomic Analyses of Economic Development
- Z13 - Other Special Topics - - Cultural Economics - - - Economic Sociology; Economic Anthropology; Language; Social and Economic Stratification
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2009-07-03 (All new papers)
- NEP-HAP-2009-07-03 (Economics of Happiness)
- NEP-HPE-2009-07-03 (History & Philosophy of Economics)
- NEP-LTV-2009-07-03 (Unemployment, Inequality & Poverty)
- NEP-SOC-2009-07-03 (Social Norms & Social Capital)
ListsThis item is featured on the following reading lists or Wikipedia pages:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:diw:diwsop:diw_sp199. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Bibliothek). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/sodiwde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.