Historic Turning Points in Real Estate
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Guay Lim & Sarantis Tsiaplias, 2016. "Non-Linearities in the Relationship between House Prices and Interest Rates: Implications for Monetary Policy," Melbourne Institute Working Paper Series wp2016n02, Melbourne Institute of Applied Economic and Social Research, The University of Melbourne.
- repec:iae:iaewps:wp2016n2 is not listed on IDEAS
- Gelain, Paolo & Lansing, Kevin J., 2014.
"House prices, expectations, and time-varying fundamentals,"
Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 29(C), pages 3-25.
- Paolo Gelain & Kevin J. Lansing, 2013. "House Prices, Expectations, and Time-Varying Fundamentals," Working Paper Series 2013-03, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.
- Paolo Gelain & Kevin J. Lansing, 2013. "House prices, expectations, and time-varying fundamentals," Working Paper 2013/05, Norges Bank.
- Wen Cheong Chin & Min Cherng Lee, 2018. "S&P500 volatility analysis using high-frequency multipower variation volatility proxies," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 54(3), pages 1297-1318, May.
- McDuff, DeForest, 2011. "Demand substitution across US cities: Observable similarity and home price correlation," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 70(1), pages 1-14, July.
- Eugene N. White, 2014.
"Lessons from the Great American Real Estate Boom and Bust of the 1920s,"
NBER Chapters, in: Housing and Mortgage Markets in Historical Perspective, pages 115-158,
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Eugene N. White, 2009. "Lessons from the Great American Real Estate Boom and Bust of the 1920s," NBER Working Papers 15573, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Eli Beracha & Hilla Skiba, 2011. "Momentum in Residential Real Estate," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 43(3), pages 299-320, October.
- Alexandru (alec) BĂLĂŞESCU & Apurv Jain, 2018. "Financial bubbles and their magic: asset price as a heroic journey in the financial markets," The Journal of Philosophical Economics, Bucharest Academy of Economic Studies, The Journal of Philosophical Economics, vol. 12(1), pages 1-35, November.
- Ozlem Omer, 2018. "Equilibrium-Disequilibrium Dynamics of the US Housing Market, 2000-2015: A Quantal Response Statistical Equilibrium Approach," Working Papers 1809, New School for Social Research, Department of Economics.
- Edward L. Glaeser, 2013. "A Nation of Gamblers: Real Estate Speculation and American History," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 103(3), pages 1-42, May.
- Highfill Jannett, 2008. "The Economic Crisis as of December 2008: The Global Economy Journal Weighs In," Global Economy Journal, De Gruyter, vol. 8(4), pages 1-7, December.
- Christophe Andre & David Gabauer & Rangan Gupta, 2020. "Time-Varying Spillovers between Housing Sentiment and Housing Market in the United States," Working Papers 202091, University of Pretoria, Department of Economics.
- André, Christophe & Gabauer, David & Gupta, Rangan, 2021. "Time-varying spillovers between housing sentiment and housing market in the United States☆," Finance Research Letters, Elsevier, vol. 42(C).
- Hugh Rockoff, 2008. "Great Fortunes of the Gilded Age," NBER Working Papers 14555, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Diks, Cees & Wang, Juanxi, 2016. "Can a stochastic cusp catastrophe model explain housing market crashes?," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 69(C), pages 68-88.
- Dieci, Roberto & Westerhoff, Frank, 2016. "Heterogeneous expectations, boom-bust housing cycles, and supply conditions: A nonlinear economic dynamics approach," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 71(C), pages 21-44.
- Hardik A. Marfatia & Christophe André & Rangan Gupta, 2022.
"Predicting Housing Market Sentiment: The Role of Financial, Macroeconomic and Real Estate Uncertainties,"
Journal of Behavioral Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 23(2), pages 189-209, May.
- Hardik A. Marfatia & Christophe Andre & Rangan Gupta, 2020. "Predicting Housing Market Sentiment: The Role of Financial, Macroeconomic and Real Estate Uncertainties," Working Papers 202061, University of Pretoria, Department of Economics.
- G.C. Lim & Sarantis Tsiaplias, 2018. "Interest Rates, Local Housing Markets and House Price Overâ€ reactions," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 94(S1), pages 33-48, June.
- Juan Huang & Geoffrey Qiping Shen, 2017. "Residential housing bubbles in Hong Kong: identification and explanation based on GSADF test and dynamic probit model," Journal of Property Research, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 34(2), pages 108-128, April.
- Kevin J. Lansing, 2008. "Speculative growth and overreaction to technology shocks," Working Paper Series 2008-08, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.
- Dieci, Roberto & Westerhoff, Frank, 2015. "Heterogeneous expectations, boom-bust housing cycles, and supply conditions: A nonlinear dynamics approach," BERG Working Paper Series 99, Bamberg University, Bamberg Economic Research Group.
- Wang, J., 2015. "Can a stochastic cusp catastrophe model explain housing market crashes?," CeNDEF Working Papers 15-12, Universiteit van Amsterdam, Center for Nonlinear Dynamics in Economics and Finance.
- Jason Barr & Bruce Mizrach & Kusum Mundra, 2015. "Skyscraper height and the business cycle: separating myth from reality," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 47(2), pages 148-160, January.
- Horváth, Áron & Sápi, Zoltán & Révész, Gábor, 2016. "Irodapiaci ciklusok jellemzése a hozam, a bérleti forgalom, az üresedés, a bérleti díjak és az új átadás alapján [Yields, take-up, vacancy, rents and new supply during office-market cycles]," Közgazdasági Szemle (Economic Review - monthly of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences), Közgazdasági Szemle Alapítvány (Economic Review Foundation), vol. 0(2), pages 113-136.
- Edward L. Glaeser, 2013. "A Nation Of Gamblers: Real Estate Speculation And American History," NBER Working Papers 18825, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
More about this item
KeywordsHome prices; Boom; Bubble; Regime change; Stock market; California; Florida;
All these keywords.
- R31 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Real Estate Markets, Spatial Production Analysis, and Firm Location - - - Housing Supply and Markets
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-URE-2007-06-11 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cwl:cwldpp:1610. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/cowleus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no bibliographic references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Matthew Regan (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/cowleus.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.