The Performance of Health Workers in Ethiopia Results from Qualitative Research
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Lindelow, Magnus & Serneels, Pieter, 2006. "The performance of health workers in Ethiopia: Results from qualitative research," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, pages 2225-2235.
- Lindelow, Magnus & Serneels, Pieter & Lemma, Teigist, 2005. "The performance of health workers in Ethiopia - results from qualitative research," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3558, The World Bank.
References listed on IDEAS
- Franco, Lynne Miller & Bennett, Sara & Kanfer, Ruth, 2002. "Health sector reform and public sector health worker motivation: a conceptual framework," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, pages 1255-1266.
- McPake, Barbara & Asiimwe, Delius & Mwesigye, Francis & Ofumbi, Mathias & Ortenblad, Lisbeth & Streefland, Pieter & Turinde, Asaph, 1999. "Informal economic activities of public health workers in Uganda: implications for quality and accessibility of care," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, pages 849-865.
- Ensor, Tim & Witter, Sophie, 2001. "Health economics in low income countries: adapting to the reality of the unofficial economy," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 57(1), pages 1-13, July.
- Belli, Paolo & Gotsadze, George & Shahriari, Helen, 2004. "Out-of-pocket and informal payments in health sector: evidence from Georgia," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 70(1), pages 109-123, October.
- Ensor, Tim, 2004. "Informal payments for health care in transition economies," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, pages 237-246.
- Yach, Derek, 1992. "The use and value of qualitative methods in health research in developing countries," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, pages 603-612.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Atsede D. Tegegne & Marianne Penker & Maria Wurzinger, 2016. "Participatory Demographic Scenarios Addressing Uncertainty and Transformative Change in Ethiopia," Systemic Practice and Action Research, Springer, pages 277-296.
- Abigail Barr & Jose Garcia-Montalvo & Magnus Lindelow & Pieter Serneels, 2005. "Strategy choice and cognitive ability in field experiments," Framed Field Experiments 00113, The Field Experiments Website.
- Leonard, Kenneth L., 2009.
"The cost of imperfect agency in health care: Evidence from rural Cameroun,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, pages 282-291.
- Papaioannou, Elias, 2008. "What Drives International Financial Flows? Politics, Institutions and Other Determinants," CEPR Discussion Papers 7010, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Mæstad, Ottar & Mwisongo, Aziza, 2011. "Informal payments and the quality of health care: Mechanisms revealed by Tanzanian health workers," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 99(2), pages 107-115, February.
- Jayasuriya, Rohan & Jayasinghe, Upali W. & Wang, Qian, 2014. "Health worker performance in rural health organizations in low- and middle-income countries: Do organizational factors predict non-task performance?," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, pages 1-4.
- Cherecheş, Răzvan M. & Ungureanu, Marius I. & Sandu, Petru & Rus, Ioana A., 2013. "Defining informal payments in healthcare: A systematic review," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 110(2), pages 105-114.
- Danila Serra & Pieter Serneels & Magnus Lindelow & Jose G. Montalvo, 2010. "Discovering the Real World : Health Workers' Career Choices and Early Work Experience in Ethiopia," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 5936.
- Bonfiglioli, Alessandra, 2008.
"Financial integration, productivity and capital accumulation,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 76(2), pages 337-355, December.
- Pieter Serneels & Magnus Lindelow & José Garcia Montalvo & Abigail Barr, 2006. "For public service or money: Understanding geographical imbalances in the health workforce in Ethiopia," Economics Working Papers 989, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Alessandra Bonfiglioli, 2007. "Financial Integration, Productivity and Capital Accumulation," UFAE and IAE Working Papers 680.07, Unitat de Fonaments de l'Anàlisi Econòmica (UAB) and Institut d'Anàlisi Econòmica (CSIC), revised 20 Jun 2008.
- Alessandra Bonfiglioli, 2007. "Financial Integration, Productivity and Capital Accumulation," IEW - Working Papers 350, Institute for Empirical Research in Economics - University of Zurich.
- Alessandra Bonfiglioli, 2007. "Financial Integration, Productivity and Capital Accumulation," Working Papers 326, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics.
- Barr, Abigail & Lindelow, Magnus & Serneels, Pieter, 2009.
"Corruption in public service delivery: An experimental analysis,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 72(1), pages 225-239, October.
- Abigail Barr & Magnus Lindelow & Pieter Serneels, 2009. "Corruption in Public Service delivery: an experimental Analysis," Post-Print hal-00722864, HAL.
- Marito Garcia & Andrew Sunil Rajkumar, 2008.
"Achieving Better Service Delivery through Decentralization in Ethiopia,"
World Bank Publications,
The World Bank, number 6362.
- Kristin Komives & Vivien Foster & Jonathan Halpern & Quentin Wodon & Roohi Abdullah, 2008. "Water, Electricity, and the Poor : Who Benefits from Utility Subsidies?," World Bank Other Operational Studies 11745, The World Bank.
- Pieter Serneels & Abigail Barr, 2005.
"Understanding Geographical Imbalances in the Health Workforce,"
Economics Series Working Papers
GPRG-WPS-018, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Lewis, Maureen & Pettersson, Gunilla, 2009. "Governance in health care delivery : raising performance," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5074, The World Bank.
- Richard Andrew Iles, 2013. "Demand for primary healthcare in rural north India," 2013 Papers pil50, Job Market Papers.
- Jones, Caroline & Abeku, Tarekegn A. & Rapuoda, Beth & Okia, Michael & Cox, Jonathan, 2008. "District-based malaria epidemic early warning systems in East Africa: Perceptions of acceptability and usefulness among key staff at health facility, district and central levels," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, pages 292-300.
- Pitchforth, Emma & Lilford, Richard J. & Kebede, Yigzaw & Asres, Getahun & Stanford, Charlotte & Frost, Jodie, 2010. "Assessing and understanding quality of care in a labour ward: A pilot study combining clinical and social science perspectives in Gondar, Ethiopia," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, pages 1739-1748.
- Juan Camilo Cardenas & Rajiv Sethi, 2010. "Resource Allocation in Public Agencies: Experimental Evidence," Journal of Public Economic Theory, Association for Public Economic Theory, vol. 12(4), pages 815-836, August.
More about this item
Keywordshealth worker performance; human resources for health; corruption;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:csa:wpaper:2005-06. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Richard Payne). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/csaoxuk.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.