Endogenous Growth Theory in a Vintage Capital Model
This is a model of quality ladder of machines in an endogenous growth context, when some machines are scrapped while others coexist with the latest variety, with the economic life of machines endogenously determined as in old vintage-capital models. Policies that affect this economic life of machines (for example, those influencing the gross savings or investment rate, or trade policy in a two-sector open economy) will have an effect on the long-run growth rate.
(This abstract was borrowed from another version of this item.)
|Date of creation:||01 Jun 1996|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: (510) 642-1922
Fax: (510) 642-5018
Web page: http://www.escholarship.org/repec/iber_cider/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Williamson, Jeffrey G, 1971. "Optimal Replacement of Capital Goods: The Early New England and British Textile Firm," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 79(6), pages 1320-34, Nov.-Dec..
- Ethier, Wilfred J, 1982. "National and International Returns to Scale in the Modern Theory of International Trade," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 72(3), pages 389-405, June.
- Boucekkine, Raouf & Germain, Marc & Licandro, Omar, 1997.
"Replacement Echoes in the Vintage Capital Growth Model,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 74(2), pages 333-348, June.
- Boucekkine, R. & Germain, M. & Licandro, O., . "Replacement echoes in the vintage capital growth model," CORE Discussion Papers RP -1275, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Segerstrom, Paul S & Anant, T C A & Dinopoulos, Elias, 1990. "A Schumpeterian Model of the Product Life Cycle," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 80(5), pages 1077-91, December.
- Bardhan, Pranab & Kletzer, Ken, 1984. "Dynamic effects of protection on productivity," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(1-2), pages 45-57, February.
- De Long, J Bradford & Summers, Lawrence H, 1991.
"Equipment Investment and Economic Growth,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
MIT Press, vol. 106(2), pages 445-502, May.
- J. Bradford De Long & Lawrence H. Summers, 1990. "Equipment Investment and Economic Growth," NBER Working Papers 3515, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- J. Bradford De Long & Lawrence H. Summers, . "Equipment Investment and Economic Growth," J. Bradford De Long's Working Papers _122, University of California at Berkeley, Economics Department.
- Wolff, Edward N, 1991. "Capital Formation and Productivity Convergence over the Long Term," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 81(3), pages 565-79, June.
- Grossman, G.M. & Helpman, E., 1989.
"Quality Ledders In The Theory Of Growth,"
148, Princeton, Woodrow Wilson School - Public and International Affairs.
- Bardhan, Pranab, 1969.
"Equilibrium Growth in a Model with Economic Obsolescence of Machines,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
MIT Press, vol. 83(2), pages 312-23, May.
- P. K. Bardhan, 1968. "Equilibrium Growth in a Model with Economic Obsolescence of Machines," Working papers 17, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Young, Alwyn, 1995. "The Tyranny of Numbers: Confronting the Statistical Realities of the East Asian Growth Experience," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 110(3), pages 641-80, August.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cdl:ciders:qt1363t4jg. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Lisa Schiff)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.