An expensive diversion: Abu Dhabi's renewables investments in the context of its natural gas shortage
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Kelly, Scott & Pollitt, Michael, 2010. "An assessment of the present and future opportunities for combined heat and power with district heating (CHP-DH) in the United Kingdom," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(11), pages 6936-6945, November.
- Scarpa, Riccardo & Willis, Ken, 2010. "Willingness-to-pay for renewable energy: Primary and discretionary choice of British households' for micro-generation technologies," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 129-136, January.
- Kelly, Scott, 2011. "Do homes that are more energy efficient consume less energy?: A structural equation model of the English residential sector," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 36(9), pages 5610-5620.
- Druckman, Angela & Jackson, Tim, 2009. "The carbon footprint of UK households 1990-2004: A socio-economically disaggregated, quasi-multi-regional input-output model," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 68(7), pages 2066-2077, May.
- Kennedy, Scott & Sgouridis, Sgouris, 2011. "Rigorous classification and carbon accounting principles for low and Zero Carbon Cities," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(9), pages 5259-5268, September.
- Clarke, Joseph A. & Johnstone, Cameron M. & Kelly, Nicolas J. & Strachan, Paul A. & Tuohy, Paul, 2008. "The role of built environment energy efficiency in a sustainable UK energy economy," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(12), pages 4605-4609, December.
- Xing, Yangang & Hewitt, Neil & Griffiths, Philip, 2011. "Zero carbon buildings refurbishment--A Hierarchical pathway," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 15(6), pages 3229-3236, August.
- Agnar Sandmo, 1999. "Asymmetric Information and Public Economics: The Mirrlees-Vickrey Nobel Prize," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 13(1), pages 165-180, Winter.
- Natarajan, Sukumar & Levermore, Geoffrey J., 2007. "Predicting future UK housing stock and carbon emissions," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(11), pages 5719-5727, November.
- Wright, Andrew, 2008. "What is the relationship between built form and energy use in dwellings?," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(12), pages 4544-4547, December.
- Yun, Geun Young & Steemers, Koen, 2011. "Behavioural, physical and socio-economic factors in household cooling energy consumption," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 88(6), pages 2191-2200, June.
- Amecke, Hermann, 2011. "The Effectiveness of Energy Performance Certificates - Evidence from Germany," EconStor Research Reports 65874, ZBW - German National Library of Economics.
- Kannan, Ramachandran & Strachan, Neil, 2009. "Modelling the UK residential energy sector under long-term decarbonisation scenarios: Comparison between energy systems and sectoral modelling approaches," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 86(4), pages 416-428, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Almansoori, Ali & Betancourt-Torcat, Alberto, 2015. "Design optimization model for the integration of renewable and nuclear energy in the United Arab Emirates’ power system," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 148(C), pages 234-251.
More about this item
Keywordsrenewables; natural gas; energy security; subsidies; Abu Dhabi; United Arab Emirates; Persian Gulf; GCC; OPEC; rentier state; monarchy;
- O13 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Agriculture; Natural Resources; Environment; Other Primary Products
- P42 - Economic Systems - - Other Economic Systems - - - Productive Enterprises; Factor and Product Markets; Prices
- Q41 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Energy - - - Demand and Supply; Prices
- Q42 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Energy - - - Alternative Energy Sources
- Q48 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Energy - - - Government Policy
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-10-13 (All new papers)
- NEP-ARA-2012-10-13 (MENA - Middle East & North Africa)
- NEP-ENE-2012-10-13 (Energy Economics)
- NEP-ENV-2012-10-13 (Environmental Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cam:camdae:1237. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jake Dyer). General contact details of provider: http://www.econ.cam.ac.uk/ .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .