Identifying channels of credit substitution when bank capital requirements are varied
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Shekhar Aiyar & Charles W. Calomiris & Tomasz Wieladek, 2014. "Identifying channels of credit substitution when bank capital requirements are varied," Economic Policy, CEPR;CES;MSH, vol. 29(77), pages 45-77, January.
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:
- Higher capital requirements didn't slow the economy
by Steve Cecchetti and Kim Schoenholtz in Money, Banking and Financial Markets on 2014-12-15 19:37:22
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Aiyar, Shekhar & Calomiris, Charles W. & Hooley, John & Korniyenko, Yevgeniya & Wieladek, Tomasz, 2014. "The international transmission of bank capital requirements: Evidence from the UK," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 113(3), pages 368-382.
- Aiyar, Shekhar & Calomiris, Charles W. & Wieladek, Tomasz, 2016.
"How does credit supply respond to monetary policy and bank minimum capital requirements?,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 82(C), pages 142-165.
- Aiyar, Shekhar & Calomiris, Charles & Wieladek, Tomasz, 2014. "How does credit supply respond to monetary policy and bank minimum capital requirements?," Bank of England working papers 508, Bank of England.
- Danisewicz, Piotr & Reinhardt, Dennis & Sowerbutts, Rhiannon, 2017.
"On a tight leash: Does bank organizational structure matter for macroprudential spillovers?,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 109(C), pages 174-194.
- Danisewicz, Piotr & Reinhardt, Dennis & Sowerbutts, Rhiannon, 2015. "On a tight leash: does bank organisational structure matter for macroprudential spillovers?," Bank of England working papers 524, Bank of England.
- Cecchetti, Stephen G., 2016.
"On the separation of monetary and prudential policy: How much of the precrisis consensus remains?,"
Journal of International Money and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 66(C), pages 157-169.
- Cecchetti, Stephen G, 2015. "On the separation of monetary and prudential policy: how much of the pre-crisis consensus remains?," CEPR Discussion Papers 10949, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Faia, Ester & Weder, Beatrice, 2016. "Cross-Border Resolution of Global Banks: Bail in under Single Point of Entry versus Multiple Points of Entry," CEPR Discussion Papers 11171, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- repec:oup:revfin:v:21:y:2017:i:1:p:201-236. is not listed on IDEAS
- Engel, Charles, 2016.
"Macroprudential policy under high capital mobility: policy implications from an academic perspective,"
Journal of the Japanese and International Economies,
Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 162-172.
- Charles Engel, 2015. "Macroprudential Policy under High Capital Mobility: Policy Implications from an Academic Perspective," NBER Chapters,in: International Finance in the Global Markets National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- De-Ramon, sebastian & Straughan, Michael, 2017. "The economic cost of capital: a VECM approach for estimating and testing the banking sector's response to changes in capital ratios," Bank of England working papers 663, Bank of England.
- Eugenio Cerutti & Stijn Claessens, 2017.
"The Great Cross-Border Bank Deleveraging: Supply Constraints and Intra-Group Frictions,"
Review of Finance,
European Finance Association, vol. 21(1), pages 201-236.
- Eugenio M Cerutti & Stijn Claessens, 2014. "The Great Cross-Border Bank Deleveraging; Supply Constraints and Intra-Group Frictions," IMF Working Papers 14/180, International Monetary Fund.
More about this item
KeywordsMacroprudential regulation; credit substitution; leakages;
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
- G28 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Government Policy and Regulation
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2014-02-08 (All new papers)
- NEP-BAN-2014-02-08 (Banking)
- NEP-CBA-2014-02-08 (Central Banking)
- NEP-CFN-2014-02-08 (Corporate Finance)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:boe:boeewp:0485. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Digital Media Team). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/boegvuk.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.