It all depends on independence
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Anderson, Robert M., 1991. "Non-standard analysis with applications to economics," Handbook of Mathematical Economics,in: W. Hildenbrand & H. Sonnenschein (ed.), Handbook of Mathematical Economics, edition 1, volume 4, chapter 39, pages 2145-2208 Elsevier.
- Clark, Stephen A., 1992. "The representative agent model of probabilistic social choice," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 23(1), pages 45-66, February.
- Alan P. Kirman, 1992. "Whom or What Does the Representative Individual Represent?," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 6(2), pages 117-136, Spring.
- Grafe, F. & Grafe, J., 1983. "On arrow-type impossibility theorems with infinite individuals and infinite alternatives," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 11(1-2), pages 75-79.
- Schmitz, Norbert, 1977. "A further note on arrow's impossibility theorem," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 4(2), pages 189-196, August.
- Lauwers, Luc & Van Liedekerke, Luc, 1995. "Ultraproducts and aggregation," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 24(3), pages 217-237.
- Campbell, Donald E., 1990. "Intergenerational social choice without the Pareto principle," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 50(2), pages 414-423, April.
- James E. Hartley, 1996. "Retrospectives: The Origins of the Representative Agent," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 10(2), pages 169-177, Spring.
- Sen, Amartya, 1995. "Rationality and Social Choice," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 85(1), pages 1-24, March.
More about this item
KeywordsNon-manipulability; Partial rationality; Impossibility results; Oligarchy; Monotonicity axiom; Independence axiom; Judgment aggregation;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bie:wpaper:412. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Bettina Weingarten). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/imbiede.html .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .