Competitive Environment, Indebtedness and Asset Specificity: Evidence from Spanish Firms
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Djankov, Simeon & Miranda, Pedro & Seira, Enrique & Sharma, Siddharth, 2008. "Who are the unbanked ?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4647, The World Bank.
- Kendall, Jake & Mylenko, Nataliya & Ponce, Alejandro, 2010. "Measuring financial access around the world," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5253, The World Bank.
- Beck, Thorsten & Demirguc-Kunt, Asli & Maksimovic, Vojislav, 2004.
"Bank Competition and Access to Finance: International Evidence,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 36(3), pages 627-648, June.
- Thorsten Beck & Asli Demirgüç-Kunt & Vojislav Maksimovic, 2004. "Bank competition and access to finance: international evidence," Proceedings, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland, pages 627-654.
- Schmalensee, Richard, 1989.
"Inter-industry studies of structure and performance,"
Handbook of Industrial Organization,in: R. Schmalensee & R. Willig (ed.), Handbook of Industrial Organization, edition 1, volume 2, chapter 16, pages 951-1009
- Schmalensee, Richard., 1987. "Inter-industry studies of structure and performance," Working papers 1874-87., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Andrew M. Cohen & Michael J. Mazzeo, 2007. "Market Structure and Competition among Retail Depository Institutions," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 89(1), pages 60-74, February.
- Stijn Claessens, 2006.
"Access to Financial Services: A Review of the Issues and Public Policy Objectives,"
World Bank Research Observer,
World Bank Group, vol. 21(2), pages 207-240.
- Claessens, Stijn, 2006. "Access to financial services: a review of the issues and public policy objectives," Journal of Financial Transformation, Capco Institute, vol. 17, pages 16-19.
- Claessens, Stijn, 2005. "Access to financial services: a review of the issues and public policy objectives," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3589, The World Bank.
- Heckman, James, 2013. "Sample selection bias as a specification error," Applied Econometrics, Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 31(3), pages 129-137.
- Pascaline Dupas & Sarah Green & Anthony Keats & Jonathan Robinson, 2014.
"Challenges in Banking the Rural Poor: Evidence from Kenya's Western Province,"
NBER Chapters,in: African Successes, Volume III: Modernization and Development, pages 63-101
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Pascaline Dupas & Sarah Green & Anthony Keats & Jonathan Robinson, 2012. "Challenges in Banking the Rural Poor: Evidence from Kenya's Western Province," NBER Working Papers 17851, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Caskey & John P. & Duran, Clemente Ruiz & Solo, Tova Maria, 2006. "The urban unbanked in Mexico and the United States," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3835, The World Bank.
- Demirgüç-Kunt, Asli & Córdova, Ernesto López & Pería, María Soledad Martínez & Woodruff, Christopher, 2011.
"Remittances and banking sector breadth and depth: Evidence from Mexico,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 95(2), pages 229-241, July.
- Demirguc-Kunt, Asli & Lopez Cordova, Ernesto & Martinez Peria, Maria Soledad & Woodruff, Christopher, 2009. "Remittances and banking sector breadth and depth : evidence from Mexico," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4983, The World Bank.
- Bresnahan, Timothy F & Reiss, Peter C, 1991. "Entry and Competition in Concentrated Markets," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 99(5), pages 977-1009, October.
- Love, Inessa & Peria, Maria Soledad Martinez, 2012. "How bank competition affects firms'access to finance," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6163, The World Bank.
- Chong, Terence Tai-Leung & Lu, Liping & Ongena, Steven, 2013. "Does banking competition alleviate or worsen credit constraints faced by small- and medium-sized enterprises? Evidence from China," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 37(9), pages 3412-3424.
- Céline Gimet & Thomas Lagoarde-Segot, 2012. "Financial sector development and access to finance. Does size say it all?," Post-Print halshs-00764518, HAL.
- World Bank, 2012. "Global Financial Development Report 2013 : Rethinking the Role of the State in Finance," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 11848.
- Beck, Thorsten & Demirguc-Kunt, Asli & Martinez Peria, Maria Soledad, 2007.
"Reaching out: Access to and use of banking services across countries,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 85(1), pages 234-266, July.
- Beck, Thorsten & Demirguc-Kunt, Asli & Martinez Peria, Maria Soledad, 2005. "Reaching out : access to and use of banking services across countries," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3754, The World Bank.
- Honohan, Patrick, 2008. "Cross-country variation in household access to financial services," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 32(11), pages 2493-2500, November.
- Michael J. Mazzeo, 2002. "Competitive Outcomes in Product-Differentiated Oligopoly," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 84(4), pages 716-728, November.
- Robin Burgess & Rohini Pande & Grace Wong, 2005. "Banking for the Poor: Evidence From India," Journal of the European Economic Association, MIT Press, vol. 3(2-3), pages 268-278, 04/05.
- Mark D. Manuszak & Charles C. Moul, 2008. "PRICES AND ENDOGENOUS MARKET STRUCTURE IN OFFICE SUPPLY SUPERSTORES -super-," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 56(1), pages 94-112, March.
- Scott Fulford, 2010. "The effects of financial development in the short and long run," Boston College Working Papers in Economics 741, Boston College Department of Economics, revised 31 May 2011.
- Barth, James R. & Lin, Chen & Lin, Ping & Song, Frank M., 2009. "Corruption in bank lending to firms: Cross-country micro evidence on the beneficial role of competition and information sharing," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 91(3), pages 361-388, March.
- Andrew Cohen & Michael Mazzeo, 2010. "Investment Strategies and Market Structure: An Empirical Analysis of Bank Branching Decisions," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer;Western Finance Association, vol. 38(1), pages 1-21, August.
- Patrick Honohan, 2004. "Financial Sector Policy and the Poor : Selected Findings and Issues," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 14874.
More about this item
KeywordsAsset specificity; Indebtedness; Competitive strategy;
- G32 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Financing Policy; Financial Risk and Risk Management; Capital and Ownership Structure; Value of Firms; Goodwill
- L10 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2014-06-28 (All new papers)
- NEP-BEC-2014-06-28 (Business Economics)
- NEP-CFN-2014-06-28 (Corporate Finance)
- NEP-COM-2014-06-28 (Industrial Competition)
- NEP-CSE-2014-06-28 (Economics of Strategic Management)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bdm:wpaper:2013-15. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dirección de Sistemas). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/bangvmx.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.