Are Consumers Fooled by Discounts? An Experimental Test in a Consumer Search Environment
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Ralph‐C. Bayer & Changxia Ke, 2011. "Are Consumers Fooled by Discounts? An Experimental Test in a Consumer Search Environment," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 87(279), pages 575-586, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bayer, Ralph-C. & Ke, Changxia, 2013.
"Discounts and consumer search behavior: The role of framing,"
Journal of Economic Psychology,
Elsevier, vol. 39(C), pages 215-224.
- Ralph-C Bayer & Changxia Ke, 2010. "Discounts and Consumer Search Behavior: The Role of Framing," School of Economics Working Papers 2010-21, University of Adelaide, School of Economics.
- Ralph-C Bayer & Changxia Ke, 2011. "Discounts and Consumer Search Behavior: The Role of Framing," Working Papers discounts_and_consumer_se, Max Planck Institute for Tax Law and Public Finance.
More about this item
KeywordsConsumer Search Theory; Search Cost; Price Promotion;
- D82 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Asymmetric and Private Information; Mechanism Design
- D83 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Search; Learning; Information and Knowledge; Communication; Belief; Unawareness
- C91 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Design of Experiments - - - Laboratory, Individual Behavior
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2010-10-16 (All new papers)
- NEP-EXP-2010-10-16 (Experimental Economics)
- NEP-MKT-2010-10-16 (Marketing)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:adl:wpaper:2010-22. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Eran Binenbaum). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/decadau.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.