Report NEP-SOC-2011-04-30This is the archive for NEP-SOC, a report on new working papers in the area of Social Norms & Social Capital. Fabio Sabatini issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Antoci, Angelo & Sabatini, Fabio & Sodini, Mauro, 2011. "Economic Growth, Technical Progress, and Social Capital: the Inverted U Hypothesis," MPRA Paper 30326, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Francesca Cornaglia & Andrew Leigh, 2011. "Crime and Mental Wellbeing," CEP Discussion Papers dp1049, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Tiago Freire & Vernon Henderson & Ari Kuncoro, 2011. "Volunteerism after the tsunami: democratization and aid," Working Papers 2011-8, Brown University, Department of Economics.
- L. Mauro & F. Pigliaru, 2011. "Social Capital, Institutions and Growth: Further Lessons from the Italian Regional Divide," Working Paper CRENoS 201103, Centre for North South Economic Research, University of Cagliari and Sassari, Sardinia.
- Mujcic, Redzo & Frijters, Paul, 2011. "Altruism in Society: Evidence from a Natural Experiment Involving Commuters," IZA Discussion Papers 5648, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Nikos Nikiforakis & Charles N. Noussair & Tom Wilkening, 2011. "Normative Conflict & Feuds: The Limits of Self-Enforcement," Department of Economics - Working Papers Series 1120, The University of Melbourne.
- Kaiser, Ulrich & Kongsted, Hans Christian & Rønde, Thomas, 2011. "Labor Mobility, Social Network Effects, and Innovative Activity," IZA Discussion Papers 5654, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Chen, Hung-Ju, 2011. "Social Status, Human Capital Formation and the Long-run Effects of Money," MPRA Paper 30253, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Herrmann-Pillath, Carsten, 2011. "A 'third culture' in economics? An essay on Smith, Confucius and the rise of China," Frankfurt School - Working Paper Series 159, Frankfurt School of Finance and Management.
- Matteo Cervellati & Sunde, Uwe, 2011. "Democratization, Violent Social Conflicts, and Growth," Economics Working Paper Series 1114, University of St. Gallen, School of Economics and Political Science.
- Daniel M. Hungerman, 2011. "The Effect of Education on Religion: Evidence from Compulsory Schooling Laws," NBER Working Papers 16973, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Al-Ubaydli, Omar & Lee, Min, 2011. "Can tailored communications motivate volunteers? A field experiment," MPRA Paper 30343, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Torshizian, Eilya & Mehrara, Mohsen, 2011. "The effects of Economy, Values and Health on Happiness In Iran: the case of the Kish Island," MPRA Paper 30085, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 05 Apr 2011.