Report NEP-POL-2020-02-17This is the archive for NEP-POL, a report on new working papers in the area of Positive Political Economics. Eugene Beaulieu issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Elizabeth U. Cascio & Na’ama Shenhav, 2020. "A Century of the American Woman Voter: Sex Gaps in Political Participation, Preferences, and Partisanship Since Women’s Enfranchisement," NBER Working Papers 26709, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Philippos Louis & Orestis Troumpounis & Nikolaos Tsakas & Dimitrios Xefteris, 2020. "Protest voting in the laboratory," "Marco Fanno" Working Papers 0247, Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche "Marco Fanno".
- Alberto F. Alesina & Davide Furceri & Jonathan D. Ostry & Chris Papageorgiou & Dennis P. Quinn, 2020. "Structural Reforms and Elections: Evidence from a World-Wide New Dataset," NBER Working Papers 26720, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Olivier Armantier & Michael Neubauer & Daphne Skandalis & Wilbert Van der Klaauw, 2019. "Did Changes in Economic Expectations Foreshadow Swings in the 2018 Elections?," Liberty Street Economics 20190515, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Crost,Benjamin & Felter,Joseph H. & Mansour,Hani & Rees,Daniel I., 2020. "Narrow Incumbent Victories and Post-Election Conflict : Evidence from the Philippines," Policy Research Working Paper Series 9126, The World Bank.
- Croke,Kevin & Garcia Mora,Maria Elena & Goldstein,Markus P. & Mensah,Edouard Romeo & O'Sullivan,Michael B., 2020. "Up before Dawn : Experimental Evidence from a Cross-Border Trader Training at the Democratic Republic of Congo?Rwanda Border," Policy Research Working Paper Series 9123, The World Bank.
- Lindgren, Erik & Pettersson-Lidbom, Per & Tyrefors, Björn, 2020. "The Causal Effect of Political Power on the Provision of Public Education: Evidence from a Weighted Voting System," Working Paper Series 1315, Research Institute of Industrial Economics, revised 29 May 2021.
- Chandan Kumar Jha & Oasis Kodila-Tedika, 2019. "Does Social Media Promote Democracy? Some Empirical Evidence," Research Africa Network Working Papers 19/031, Research Africa Network (RAN).
- Alex Dickson & Ian A. MacKenzie, 2020. "Permit markets with political and market distortions," Discussion Papers Series 615, School of Economics, University of Queensland, Australia.
- Brian Knight & Anna Tribin, 2020. "Opposition Media, State Censorship, and Political Accountability:Evidence from Chavez’s Venezuela," Working Papers 2020-02, Brown University, Department of Economics.
- Bluhm,Richard & de Crombrugghe,Denis & Szirmai,Adam, 2020. "Do Weak Institutions Prolong Crises ? On the Identification, Characteristics, and Duration of Declines During Economic Slumps," Policy Research Working Paper Series 9127, The World Bank.