Report NEP-POL-2019-07-22This is the archive for NEP-POL, a report on new working papers in the area of Positive Political Economics. Eugene Beaulieu issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Sophie Augustin & Daniela Rroshi & Alyssa Schneebaum, 2019. "A Chance for Change? Social Attitudes Towards Immigration and the Educational Opportunity of Immigrants' Children," Department of Economics Working Papers wuwp287, Vienna University of Economics and Business, Department of Economics.
- Paul Harrenstein & Marie-Louise Lackner & Martin Lackner, 2019. "A Mathematical Analysis of an Election System Proposed by Gottlob Frege," Papers 1907.03643, arXiv.org, revised Sep 2019.
- Junze Sun & Arthur Schram & Randolph Sloof, 2019. "A Theory on Media Bias and Elections," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 19-048/I, Tinbergen Institute.
- Eric Kamwa, 2019. "The Condorcet Efficiency of the Preference Approval Voting and the Probability of Selecting the Condorcet Loser," Post-Print hal-01786121, HAL.
- Eric Kamwa, 2019. "On the Likelihood of the Borda Effect: The Overall Probabilities for General Weighted Scoring Rules and Scoring Runoff Rules," Post-Print hal-01786590, HAL.
- Hangartner, Dominik & Ruiz, Nelson A. & Tukiainen, Janne, 2019. "Open or Closed? How List Type Affects Electoral Performance, Candidate Selection, and Campaign Effort," Working Papers 120, VATT Institute for Economic Research.
- Michael J. Boskin & Diego J. Perez & Daniel S. Bennett, 2019. "The Political Economy of Social Security Reform," NBER Working Papers 25985, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Augustin, Sophie & Rroshi, Daniela & Schneebaum, Alyssa, 2019. "A Chance for Change? Social Attitudes Towards Immigration and the Educational Opportunity of Immigrants' Children," Department of Economics Working Paper Series 287, WU Vienna University of Economics and Business.
- Bernecker, Andreas & Boyer, Pierre & Gathmann, Christina, 2019. "The Role of Electoral Incentives for Policy Innovation: Evidence from the U.S. Welfare Reform," CEPR Discussion Papers 13763, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Jeffry Frieden, 2018. "The politics of the globalization backlash: Sources and implications," GRU Working Paper Series GRU_2018_001, City University of Hong Kong, Department of Economics and Finance, Global Research Unit.
- Clay, Chad K & Bakker, Ryan & Brook, Anne-Marie & Hill, Daniel W. & Murdie, Amanda, 2018. "HRMI Civil and Political Rights Metrics: 2018 Technical Note," Motu Working Papers 290506, Motu Economic and Public Policy Research.
- François, Abel & Panel, Sophie & Weill, Laurent, 2019. "Are some dictators more attractive to foreign investors?," BOFIT Discussion Papers 12/2019, Bank of Finland, Institute for Economies in Transition.
- Chandan Kumar Jha & Oasis Kodila-Tedika, 2019. "Does Social Media Promote Democracy? Some Empirical Evidence," Working Papers 19/031, European Xtramile Centre of African Studies (EXCAS).
- Salvatore Nunnari, 2019. "Veto Power in Standing Committees: An Experimental Study," Working Papers 649, IGIER (Innocenzo Gasparini Institute for Economic Research), Bocconi University.
- Doron Klunover & John Morgan, 2019. "A Model of Presidential Debates," Papers 1907.01362, arXiv.org, revised Aug 2019.
- Marco Battaglini & Eleonora Patacchini & Edoardo Rainone, 2019. "Endogenous Social Connections in Legislatures," NBER Working Papers 25988, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.