Report NEP-POL-2018-06-25This is the archive for NEP-POL, a report on new working papers in the area of Positive Political Economics. Eugene Beaulieu issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Samuel Bazzi & Matthew Gudgeon, 2018. "The Political Boundaries of Ethnic Divisions," NBER Working Papers 24625, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Florian Nagler & Giorgio Ottonello, 2017. "The Trade Origins of Economic Nationalism: Import Competition and Voting Behavior in Western Europe," BAFFI CAREFIN Working Papers 1749, BAFFI CAREFIN, Centre for Applied Research on International Markets Banking Finance and Regulation, Universita' Bocconi, Milano, Italy.
- Mostapha Diss & Eric Kamwa & Abdelmonaim Tlidi, 2018. "The Chamberlin-Courant Rule and the k-Scoring Rules: Agreement and Condorcet Committee Consistency," Working Papers 1812, Groupe d'Analyse et de Théorie Economique Lyon St-Étienne (GATE Lyon St-Étienne), Université de Lyon.
- Roberto Ramos & Carlos Sanz, 2018. "Backing the incumbent in difficult times: the electoral impact of wildfires," Working Papers 1810, Banco de España;Working Papers Homepage.
- Kalla, Joshua & Broockman, David, 2017. "The Minimal Persuasive Effects of Campaign Contact in General Elections: Evidence from 49 Field Experiments," Research Papers repec:ecl:stabus:3593, Stanford University, Graduate School of Business.
- Kramer, Bert S. & Milionis, Petros, 2018. "Democratic Constraints and Adherence to the Classical Gold Standard," GGDC Research Memorandum GD-175, Groningen Growth and Development Centre, University of Groningen.
- Yuriy Gorodnichenko & Tho Pham & Oleksandr Talavera, 2018. "Social Media, Sentiment and Public Opinions: Evidence from #Brexit and #USElection," NBER Working Papers 24631, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Baert, Stijn & Matthijs, Herman & Verdievel, Ilse, 2018. "Voting with your wallet? Municipal budget policy and election results," Economics Discussion Papers 2018-47, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Alma Cohen & Crystal Yang, 2018. "Judicial Politics and Sentencing Decisions," NBER Working Papers 24615, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bengtsson, Erik & Olsson, Mats, 2018. "Peasant Aristocrats? Wealth and Social Status of Swedish Farmer Parliamentarians 1769–1895," Lund Papers in Economic History 175, Lund University, Department of Economic History.
- Thiago Dumont Oliveira & Carlos Eduardo Suprinyak, 2018. "Of time, uncertainty, and policy-making : Lionel Robbins’ lost philosophy of political economy," Textos para Discussão Cedeplar-UFMG 580, Cedeplar, Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais.
- Lars Lefgren & David Sims & Olga Stoddard, 2018. "The other 1%: Class Leavening, Contamination and Voting for Redistribution," NBER Working Papers 24617, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.