Report NEP-POL-2013-02-08This is the archive for NEP-POL, a report on new working papers in the area of Positive Political Economics. Eugene Beaulieu issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Monica Martinez-Bravo, 2013. "The Role of Local Officials in New Democracies: Evidence from Indonesia," Working Papers wp2013_1302, CEMFI.
- Daron Acemoglu & James A. Robinson & Ragnar Torvik, 2013. "Why Do Voters Dismantle Checks and Balances?," Working Papers 0010, Centre for Applied Macro- and Petroleum economics (CAMP), BI Norwegian Business School.
- Colignatus, Thomas, 2013. "The performance of four possible rules for selecting the Prime Minister after the Dutch Parliamentary elections of September 2012," MPRA Paper 44158, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 02 Feb 2013.
- Xuepeng Liu & Emanuel Ornelas, 2013. "Free Trade Aggreements and the Consolidation of Democracy," CEP Discussion Papers dp1184, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Ehrhart, H., 2013. "Elections and the structure of taxation in developing countries," Working papers 419, Banque de France.
- Philip Osafo-Kwaako & James A. Robinson, 2013. "Political Centralization in Pre-Colonial Africa," NBER Working Papers 18770, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Vítor Castro & Rodrigo Martins, 2013. "Is There Duration Dependence in Portuguese Local Governments’ Tenure?," GEMF Working Papers 2013-04, GEMF, Faculty of Economics, University of Coimbra.
- Steven Craig & Wided Hemissi & Satadru Mukherjee & Bent E. Sorensen, 2012. "How Do Politicians Save? Buffer Stock Management of Unemployment Insurance Finance," Working Papers 201302845, Department of Economics, University of Houston.
- Ibon Galarraga & Luis M. Abadie & Alberto Ansuategi, 2013. "Economic Efficiency, Environmental Effectiveness and Political Feasibility of Energy Efficiency Rebates: The Case of the Spanish Energy Efficiency Renove Plan," Working Papers 2013-05, BC3.