Report NEP-POL-2012-12-22This is the archive for NEP-POL, a report on new working papers in the area of Positive Political Economics. Eugene Beaulieu issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Javier E. Baez & Adriana Camacho & Emily Conover & Román A. Zárate, 2012. "Conditional Cash Transfers, Political Participation, and Voting Behavior," DOCUMENTOS CEDE 010312, UNIVERSIDAD DE LOS ANDES-CEDE.
- Casella, Alessandra & Turban, Sébastien, 2012. "Democracy Undone. Systematic Minority Advantage in Competitive Vote Markets," CEPR Discussion Papers 9242, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Daniel B. Jones & Werner Troesken & Randall Walsh, 2012. "A Poll Tax by any Other Name: The Political Economy of Disenfranchisement," NBER Working Papers 18612, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Epstein, Gil S. & Mealem, Yosef & Nitzan, Shmuel, 2012. "The Efficacy and Efforts of Interest Groups in Post Elections Policy Formation," IZA Discussion Papers 7031, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Bouton, Laurent & Castanheira, Micael & Llorente-Saguer, Aniol, 2012. "Divided Majority and Information Aggregation: Theory and Experiment," CEPR Discussion Papers 9234, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Ikuho Kochi & Raúl Ponce Rodríguez, 2012. "Political competition and the (in)effectiveness of redistribution in a federation," Estudios Regionales en Economía, Población y Desarrollo. Cuadernos de Trabajo de la Universidad Autónoma de Ciudad Juárez. 10, Cuerpo Académico 41 de la Universidad Autónoma de Ciudad Juárez, revised 09 Dec 2012.
- Daniel Horn, 2012. "GINI DP 43: Educational Selectivity and Preferences about Education Spending," GINI Discussion Papers 43, AIAS, Amsterdam Institute for Advanced Labour Studies.
- Elise S. Brezis & Thierry Verdier, 2012. "Non-Linear Geographics and the Economics of Transition and Democratization," Working Papers 2012-10, Bar-Ilan University, Department of Economics.
- Joaquin Morales Belpaire, 2012. "Decentralized Aid and Democracy," Working Papers 1212, University of Namur, Department of Economics.
- Commander, Simon, 2012. "A Guide to the Political Economy of Reforming Energy Subsidies," IZA Policy Papers 52, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Radhika Lahiri & Mark Phoon, 2012. "Tax Evasion, Inequality and Progressive Taxes: A Political Economy Perspective Joseph," School of Economics and Finance Discussion Papers and Working Papers Series 296, School of Economics and Finance, Queensland University of Technology.
- Robert Andersen, 2012. "GINI DP 47: Support for Democracy in Cross-National Perspective: The Detrimental Effect of Economic Inequality," GINI Discussion Papers 47, AIAS, Amsterdam Institute for Advanced Labour Studies.
- Raphaёl Franck & Ilia Rainer, 2012. "Does the Leader’s Ethnicity Matter? Ethnic Favoritism, Education and Health in Sub-Saharan Africa," Working Papers 2012-06, Bar-Ilan University, Department of Economics.
- Fehr, Ernst & Herz, Holger & Wilkening, Tom, 2012. "The Lure of Authority: Motivation and Incentive Effects of Power," IZA Discussion Papers 7030, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Elise S. Brezis, 2012. "Promiscuous Elites and Economic Development," Working Papers 2012-09, Bar-Ilan University, Department of Economics.
- Annegrete Bruvoll & Hanne Marit Dalen & Bodil M.Larsen, 2012. "Political motives in climate and energy policy," Discussion Papers 721, Statistics Norway, Research Department.