Report NEP-POL-2011-01-23This is the archive for NEP-POL, a report on new working papers in the area of Positive Political Economics. Eugene Beaulieu issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Ruben Enikolopov & Maria Petrova & Ekaterina Zhuravskaya, 2010. "Media and Political Persuasion: Evidence from Russia," Working Papers w0149, Center for Economic and Financial Research (CEFIR).
- Markus Bruckner & Hans Peter Gruner, 2011. "Economic Growth and the Rise of Political Extremism," School of Economics Working Papers 2011-05, University of Adelaide, School of Economics.
- Rabah Arezki & Markus Bruckner, 2011. "Oil Rents, Corruption, and State Stability: Evidence from Panel Data Regressions," School of Economics Working Papers 2011-07, University of Adelaide, School of Economics.
- Kirill Borissov & Alexander Surkov, 2010. "Endogenous Growth in a Model with Heterogeneous Agents and Voting on Public Goods," EUSP Department of Economics Working Paper Series Ec-01/10, European University at St. Petersburg, Department of Economics, revised 29 Sep 2010.
- Isabel Marques & Rodrigo Peñaloza, 2011. "Brazilian 2010 presidential election: psychometric scaling of voting intention," Working papers - Textos para Discussao do Departamento de Economia da Universidade de Brasilia 345, Departamento de Economia da Universidade de Brasilia.
- Ruben Enikolopov, 2010. "Politicians, Bureaucrats and Targeted Redistribution: The Role of Career Concerns," Working Papers w0148, Center for Economic and Financial Research (CEFIR).
- Alessandro Innocenti & Chiara Rapallini, 2011. "Voting by Ballots and Feet in the Laboratory," Labsi Experimental Economics Laboratory University of Siena 036, University of Siena.
- Roberto Ezcurra & Andrés Rodríguez-Pose, 2011. "Can the economic impact of political decentralisation be measured?," Working Papers 2011-02, Instituto Madrileño de Estudios Avanzados (IMDEA) Ciencias Sociales.
- Karin Mayr, 2010. "Immigration and voting on the size and the composition of public spending," Vienna Economics Papers 1101, University of Vienna, Department of Economics.
- Vladimir Hlasny, 2010. "The Political Economy Of Deregulation In The U.S. Gas Distribution Market," ICER Working Papers 29-2010, ICER - International Centre for Economic Research.
- Lorenzo De Sio, 2010. "Beyond "position" and "valence". A unified framework for the analysis of political issues," RSCAS Working Papers 2010/83, European University Institute.
- Rabah Arezki & Markus Bruckner, 2011. "Food Prices, Conflict, and Democratic Change," School of Economics Working Papers 2011-04, University of Adelaide, School of Economics.
- Rabah Arezki & Markus Bruckner, 2011. "Commodity Windfalls, Democracy, and External Debt," School of Economics Working Papers 2011-03, University of Adelaide, School of Economics.
- Antonio Estache & Liam Wren-Lewis, 2010. "What Anti-Corruption Policy Can Learn from Theories of Sector Regulation," Working Papers ECARES ECARES 2010-033, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Laura Policardo, 2010. "Is Democracy Good for the Environment? Quasi-Experimental Evidence from Regime Transitions," Department of Economics University of Siena 605, Department of Economics, University of Siena.