Report NEP-POL-2009-05-23This is the archive for NEP-POL, a report on new working papers in the area of Positive Political Economics. Eugene Beaulieu issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Marco Pani, 2009. "Hold Your Nose and Vote; Why Do Some Democracies Tolerate Corruption?," IMF Working Papers 09/83, .
- Sule Akkoyunlu & Ilja Neustadt & Peter Zweifel, 2009. "Why does the amount of income redistribution differ between the United States and Europe? The Janus face of Switzerland," KOF Working papers 09-228, KOF Swiss Economic Institute, ETH Zurich.
- Johannes Pollak, Jozef Bátora, Monika Mokre, Emmanuel Sigalas & Peter Slominski, 2009. "On Political Representation: Myths and Challenges," RECON Online Working Papers Series 3, RECON.
- Tosun, Mehmet S., 2009. "Global Aging and Fiscal Policy with International Labor Mobility: A Political Economy Perspective," IZA Discussion Papers 4166, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- László Á. Kóczy, 2009. "Measuring voting power: The paradox of new members vs the null player axiom," Working Paper Series 0903, Óbuda University, Keleti Faculty of Business and Management.
- Kemmerling , Achim & Stephan, Andreas, 2008. "The politico-economic determinants and productivity effects of regional transport investment in Europe," EIB Papers 7/2008, European Investment Bank, Economics Department.
- Alesina, Alberto & Giuliano, Paola, 2009. "Family Ties and Political Participation," IZA Discussion Papers 4150, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Hans Gersbach & Volker Hahn & Stephan Imhof, 2009. "Constitutional Design: Separation of Financing and Project Decision," CER-ETH Economics working paper series 09/109, CER-ETH - Center of Economic Research (CER-ETH) at ETH Zurich.
- Rohini Somanathan & Hemanshu Kumar, 2009. "Mapping Indian Districts Across Census Years, 1971-2001," Working Papers id:1947, eSocialSciences.
- Andrés Rodríguez-Pose & Roberto Ezcurra, 2009. "Does decentralization matter for regional disparities? A cross-country analysis," Working Papers 2009-04, Instituto Madrileño de Estudios Avanzados (IMDEA) Ciencias Sociales.
- Fuad Aleskerov, 2008. "Power distribution in the electoral body with an application to the Russian Parliament," ICER Working Papers - Applied Mathematics Series 11-2008, ICER - International Centre for Economic Research.
- Cristina Conflitti, 2009. "Opinion Surveys on the Euro: a Multilevel Multinomial Logistic Analysis," Working Papers ECARES ECARES 2009-015, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.