Report NEP-POL-2009-01-17This is the archive for NEP-POL, a report on new working papers in the area of Positive Political Economics. Eugene Beaulieu issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Eric J. Brunner & Stephen L. Ross, 2009. "Is the Median Voter Decisive? Evidence of 'Ends Against the Middle' From Referenda Voting Patterns," Working papers 2009-02, University of Connecticut, Department of Economics, revised May 2010.
- Ming Li & Dipjyoti Majumdar, 2006. "A psychologically-based model of voter turnout," Working Papers 08008, Concordia University, Department of Economics, revised Dec 2008.
- Piolatto, Amedeo, 2008. "Electoral systems and the distortion of voters' preferences," MPRA Paper 12610, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 08 Jan 2009.
- Mikael Elinder & Henrik Jordahl & Panu Poutvaara, 2008. "Selfish and Prospective. Theory and Evidence of Pocketbook Voting," Discussion Papers 40, Aboa Centre for Economics.
- Nwaobi, Godwin, 2009. "The Nigerian Wars, Regional Crises And Ethnic Disturbances:Policy Responses And Democratic Implications," QUANTERB Research Papers RP7001, Quantitative Economics Research Bureau.
- Ivan Pastine & Tuvana Pastine, 2008. "Politician Preferences,Law-Abiding Lobbyists and Caps on Political Lobbying," Economics, Finance and Accounting Department Working Paper Series n1991208.pdf, Department of Economics, Finance and Accounting, National University of Ireland - Maynooth.
- Krishna Chaitanya Vadlamannati, 2009. "Does Timing of Elections Instigate Riots? A Subnational Study of 16 Indian States, 1958-2004," Working Papers id:1835, eSocialSciences.
- Giovanni Facchini & Anna Maria Mayda & Prachi Mishra, 2009. "Do Interest Groups affect US Immigration Policy?," CReAM Discussion Paper Series 0904, Centre for Research and Analysis of Migration (CReAM), Department of Economics, University College London.
- Robert E. Goodin, 2008. "Global Democracy: In the Beginning," Discussion Papers 30, Aboa Centre for Economics.
- Dean Baker, 2009. "Spending Versus Tax Cuts: Who Pays the Cost of Political Compromise?," CEPR Reports and Issue Briefs 2009-01, Center for Economic and Policy Research (CEPR).
- Regenwetter, Michel, 2008. "Perspectives on Preference Aggregation," Sonderforschungsbereich 504 Publications 08-26, Sonderforschungsbereich 504, Universität Mannheim;Sonderforschungsbereich 504, University of Mannheim.
- Sebastián Nieto Parra, 2008. "Public Debt Management and Political Cycles: Challenges for Latin America," OECD Development Centre Policy Insights 78, OECD Publishing.
- Sebastián Nieto Parra & Javier Santiso, 2008. "Are the Financial Markets Politically Correct?," OECD Development Centre Policy Insights 76, OECD Publishing.
- Mathias Czaika, 2009. "The Political Economy of Refugee Migration," Discussion Paper Series 7, Department of International Economic Policy, University of Freiburg, revised Jan 2009.