Report NEP-POL-2008-02-02This is the archive for NEP-POL, a report on new working papers in the area of Positive Political Economics. Eugene Beaulieu issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Hajime Katayama & Susumu Imai & Kala Krishna, 2007. "Is Protection Really For Sale? A Survey And Directions For Future Research," Working Paper 1151, Economics Department, Queen's University.
- Tasos Kalandrakis, 2008. "Rationalizable Voting," Wallis Working Papers WP51, University of Rochester - Wallis Institute of Political Economy.
- Ryo Arawatari & Tetsuo Ono, 2008. "A Second Chance at Success: A Political Economy Perspective?," Discussion Papers in Economics and Business 08-04, Osaka University, Graduate School of Economics.
- Svetlana Andrianova & Panicos Demetriades & Chenggang Xu, 2008. "Political Economy Origins of Financial Markets in Europe and Asia," CEDI Discussion Paper Series 08-01, Centre for Economic Development and Institutions(CEDI), Brunel University.
- Timothy Besley & Rohini Pande & Vijayendra Rao, 2007. "Just Rewards?Local Politics and Public ResourceAllocation in South India," STICERD - Development Economics Papers - From 2008 this series has been superseded by Economic Organisation and Public Policy Discussion Papers 49, Suntory and Toyota International Centres for Economics and Related Disciplines, LSE.
- Item repec:idb:wpaper:1081 is not listed on IDEAS anymore
- Alex Coram, 2008. "The dynamics of resource spending in a competition between political parties: general notes on the Red Queen effect," UMASS Amherst Economics Working Papers 2008-01, University of Massachusetts Amherst, Department of Economics.
- Francesco Feri, 2008. "Information, Social Mobility and the Demand for Redistribution," Working Papers 2008-02, Faculty of Economics and Statistics, Universität Innsbruck.
- Ticchi, Davide & Vindigni, Andrea, 2007. "War and endogenous democracy," POLIS Working Papers 97, Institute of Public Policy and Public Choice - POLIS.
- Gagliarducci, Stefano & Nannicini, Tommaso & Naticchioni, Paolo, 2008. "Outside Income and Moral Hazard: The Elusive Quest for Good Politicians," IZA Discussion Papers 3295, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- María A. García-Valiñas & Roberto Fernández Llera & Benno Torgler, 2008. "More Income Equality or Not? An Empirical Analysis of Individuals' Preferences for Redistribution," School of Economics and Finance Discussion Papers and Working Papers Series 226, School of Economics and Finance, Queensland University of Technology.
- Alejandro Saporiti, 2007. "Existence and uniqueness of Nash equilibrium in electoral competition games: The hybrid case," Wallis Working Papers WP50, University of Rochester - Wallis Institute of Political Economy.
- Laslier, Jean-François & Weibull, Jörgen, 2008. "Commitee decisions: optimality and equilibrium," SSE/EFI Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance 692, Stockholm School of Economics, revised 11 Mar 2008.
- Matteo Triossi, 2008. "Costly information acquisition. Part I: better to toss a coin?," Carlo Alberto Notebooks 68, Collegio Carlo Alberto.
- Axel Dreher & Justina A.V. Fischer, 2008. "Decentralization as a disincentive for transnational terror? An empirical test," University of St. Gallen Department of Economics working paper series 2008 2008-01, Department of Economics, University of St. Gallen.
- Anika Becher & Matthias Basedau, 2008. "Promoting Peace and Democracy through Party Regulation? Ethnic Party Bans in Africa," GIGA Working Paper Series 66, GIGA German Institute of Global and Area Studies.