Report NEP-POL-2007-12-08This is the archive for NEP-POL, a report on new working papers in the area of Positive Political Economics. Eugene Beaulieu issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Leech, Dennis & Aziz, Haris, 2007. "The Double Majority Voting Rule of the EU Reform Treaty as a Democratic Ideal for an Enlarging Union : an Appraisal Using Voting Power Analysis," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 824, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Lim, Jamus Jerome & Decker, Jessica Henson, 2007. "Do Democracies Grow Faster? Revisiting the Institutions and Economic Performance Debate," MPRA Paper 6076, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Albert Solé-Ollé & Elisabet Viladecans-Marsal, 2007. "Economic and political determinants of urban expansion: Exploring the local connection," Working Papers 2007/5, Institut d'Economia de Barcelona (IEB).
- Lim, Jamus Jerome & Decker, Jessica Henson, 2007. "Democracy and Trade: An Empirical Study," MPRA Paper 6077, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Altay Mussurov & Paul Mosley, 2007. "Economic Crisis and Political Participation in a Transitional Economy: Evidence from Russia," WEF Working Papers 0019, ESRC World Economy and Finance Research Programme, Birkbeck, University of London.
- Jensen, Nathan M. & Li, Quan & Rahman, Aminur, 2007. "Heard melodies are sweet, but those unheard are sweeter : understanding corruption using cross-national firm-level surveys," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4413, The World Bank.
- Paul Mosley, 2007. "The ‘political poverty trap’: Bolivia 1999-2007," WEF Working Papers 0020, ESRC World Economy and Finance Research Programme, Birkbeck, University of London.
- Agustín José Menéndez, 2007. "The European democratic challenge," RECON Online Working Papers Series 13, RECON.