Report NEP-POL-2007-04-14This is the archive for NEP-POL, a report on new working papers in the area of Positive Political Economics. Eugene Beaulieu issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Timothy Besley & Torsten Persson, 2007. "The Origins of State Capacity: Property Rights, Taxation, and Politics," NBER Working Papers 13028, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Edward L. Glaeser & Bruce Sacerdote, 2007. "Aggregation Reversals and the Social Formation of Beliefs," NBER Working Papers 13031, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Pedro C. Vicente, 2007. "Is Vote Buying Effective? Evidence from a Randomized Experiment in West Africa," Economics Series Working Papers 318, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Erdogdu, Oya Safinaz, 2006. "Political Decisions, Defence and Growth," MPRA Paper 2520, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Feb 2007.
- Rafael Hortala-Vallve, 2007. "Qualitative Voting," Economics Series Working Papers 320, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Matthias Dahm & Nicolas Porteiro, 2005. "Side Effects of Campaign Finance Reform," Discussion Papers 1408, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Cabrales, Antonio & Wantchekon, Léonard & Calvó-Armengol, Antoni, 2006. "Liberal democracy as the result of an "aborted" communist revolution," UC3M Working papers. Economics we072212, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Departamento de Economía.
- Ali Cheema & Asad Sayeed, 2006. "Bureaucracy and Pro-poor Change," PIDE-Working Papers 2006:3, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics.
- Cabrales, Antonio & Rodríguez Mora, José V. & Nagel, Rosemarie, 2006. "It is Hobbes, not Rousseau : an experiment on social insurance," UC3M Working papers. Economics we071808, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Departamento de Economía.
- Kern, Holger & Hainmueller, Jens, 2007. "Opium for the Masses: How Foreign Free Media Can Stabilize Authoritarian Regimes," MPRA Paper 2702, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Pedro C. Vicente, 2007. "Does Oil Corrupt? Evidence from a Natural Experiment in West Africa," Economics Series Working Papers 317, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.