Report NEP-POL-2006-05-13This is the archive for NEP-POL, a report on new working papers in the area of Positive Political Economics. Eugene Beaulieu issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Allan Drazen & Marcela Eslava, 2006. "Pork Barrel Cycles," NBER Working Papers 12190, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Thierry Warin & Kenneth Donahue, 2006. "The Stability and Growth Pact: A European Answer to the Political Budget Cycle?," Middlebury College Working Paper Series 0606, Middlebury College, Department of Economics.
- Oswald, Andrew J. & Powdthavee, Nattavudh, 2006. "Daughters and Left-Wing Voting," IZA Discussion Papers 2103, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Patrick Köllner & Matthias Basedau, 2005. "Factionalism in Political Parties: An Analytical Framework for Comparative Studies," GIGA Working Paper Series 12, GIGA German Institute of Global and Area Studies.
- Bjørnskov, Christian, 2005. "Political Ideology and Economic Freedom," Working Papers 05-8, University of Aarhus, Aarhus School of Business, Department of Economics.
- Detlef Nolte & Francisco Sánchez, 2005. "Representing Different Constituencies: Electoral Rules in Bicameral Systems in Latin America and Their Impact on Political Representation," GIGA Working Paper Series 11, GIGA German Institute of Global and Area Studies.
- Matthew Gabel & Kenneth Scheve, 2005. "Estimating the Effect of Elite Communications on Public Opinion Using Instrumental Variables," Working Papers 2005-02, University of Kentucky, Institute for Federalism and Intergovernmental Relations.
- Ruthira Naraidoo & Patrick Minford, 2006. "Vicious and Virtuous Circles: The Political Economy of Unemployment," Keele Economics Research Papers KERP 2006/03, Centre for Economic Research, Keele University.
- Matthias Basedau & Wolfram Lacher, 2006. "A Paradox of Plenty? Rent Distribution and Political Stability in Oil States," GIGA Working Paper Series 21, GIGA German Institute of Global and Area Studies.
- Tyrefors, Björn, 2006. "Do Politicians Free-ride? - an empirical test of the common pool model," SSE/EFI Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance 626, Stockholm School of Economics, revised 19 Sep 2006.
- Pablo T. Spiller & Sanny Liao, 2006. "Buy, Lobby or Sue: Interest Groups' Participation in Policy Making - A Selective Survey," NBER Working Papers 12209, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.