Report NEP-MIG-2021-07-12This is the archive for NEP-MIG, a report on new working papers in the area of Economics of Human Migration. Yuji Tamura issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Tyler Anbinder & Dylan Connor & Cormac Ó Gráda & Simone Wegge, 2021. "The Problem of False Positives in Automated Census Linking: Evidence from Nineteenth-Century New York's Irish Immigrants," Working Papers 202114, School of Economics, University College Dublin.
- Poulos, Jason & Albanese, Andrea & Mercatanti, Andrea & Li, Fan, 2021. "Retrospective Causal Inference via Matrix Completion, with an Evaluation of the Effect of European Integration on Cross-Border Employment," IZA Discussion Papers 14472, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Weisser, Reinhard A., 2021. "Run, graduate, run: Internationally mobile students' reactions to changing political landscapes in Europe," GLO Discussion Paper Series 872, Global Labor Organization (GLO).
- Valentina DI IASIO & Ernest MIGUELEZ, 2021. "The ties that bind and transform: knowledge remittances, relatedness and the direction of technical change," Bordeaux Economics Working Papers 2021-13, Bordeaux School of Economics (BSE).
- Atisha Ghosh & Ben Zissimos, 2021. "The Political Economy of Immigration, Investment, and Naturalization," Discussion Papers 2101, University of Exeter, Department of Economics.
- Rostislav Staněk & Ondřej Krčál & Štěpán Mikula, 2021. "Social Capital and Mobility: An Experimental Study," MUNI ECON Working Papers 2021-12, Masaryk University.
- Arntz, Melanie & Brüll, Eduard & Lipowski, Cäcilia, 2021. "Do preferences for urban amenities really differ by skill?," ZEW Discussion Papers 21-045, ZEW - Leibniz Centre for European Economic Research.
- Aygün, Aysun Hızıroğlu & Kirdar, Murat G. & Koyuncu, Murat & Stoeffler, Quentin, 2021. "Keeping Refugee Children in School and Out of Work: Evidence from the World's Largest Humanitarian Cash Transfer Program," IZA Discussion Papers 14513, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Tani, Massimiliano & Zhu, Yu & Xu, Lei, 2021. "The Impact of an Un(der)Funded Inclusive Education Policy: Evidence from the 2013 China Education Panel Survey," IZA Discussion Papers 14512, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Ioanna Katsounari & Phivos Phylactou & Helena Heracleous, 2021. "Determinants of Non-Performing Loans in Greece: the intricate role of fiscal expansion," GreeSE – Hellenic Observatory Papers on Greece and Southeast Europe 161, Hellenic Observatory, LSE.
- Stephan Whitaker, 2021. "Migrants from High-Cost, Large Metro Areas during the COVID-19 Pandemic, Their Destinations, and How Many Could Follow," Cleveland Fed District Data Brief 90418, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.
- Cerqua, Augusto & Zampollo, Federico, 2021. "Deeds or words? The local influence of anti-immigrant parties on foreigners’ flows in Italy," GLO Discussion Paper Series 876, Global Labor Organization (GLO).
- Isil Erol & Umut Unal, 2021. "Local House Price Effects of Internal Migration in Queensland: Australiaâ€™s New Interstate Migration Capital," MAGKS Papers on Economics 202124, Philipps-Universität Marburg, Faculty of Business Administration and Economics, Department of Economics (Volkswirtschaftliche Abteilung).
- Bernhard H. Wittek & Samuel Muehlemann, 2021. "The consequences of EU eastern enlargement on human capital accumulation and wages in Germany," Economics of Education Working Paper Series 0184, University of Zurich, Department of Business Administration (IBW).
- Ondrej Schneider, 2021. "Labor Migration in the European Union: The case of Central and Eastern Europe," Working Papers IES 2021/23, Charles University Prague, Faculty of Social Sciences, Institute of Economic Studies, revised Jul 2021.
- Catherine Gagnon & Jason Gagnon, 2021. "Migration in Asia: What skills for the future?," OECD Development Policy Papers 40, OECD Publishing.