Report NEP-MIG-2018-09-10This is the archive for NEP-MIG, a report on new working papers in the area of Economics of Human Migration. Yuji Tamura issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Catalina Amuedo-Dorantes & Mary J. Lopez, 2018. "Impeding or Accelerating Assimilation? Immigration Enforcement and Its Impact on Naturalization Patterns," CReAM Discussion Paper Series 1814, Centre for Research and Analysis of Migration (CReAM), Department of Economics, University College London.
- Akay, Alpaslan & Brausmann, Alexandra & Djajic, Slobodan & Kirdar, Murat G., 2018. "Purchasing-Power-Parity and the Saving Behavior of Temporary Migrants," IZA Discussion Papers 11679, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Catia Batista & Julia Seither & Pedro C. Vicente, 2018. "Migration, Political Institutions, and Social Networks," CReAM Discussion Paper Series 1813, Centre for Research and Analysis of Migration (CReAM), Department of Economics, University College London.
- Vasiliki Fouka & Soumyajit Mazumder & Marco Tabellini, 2018. "From Immigrants to Americans: Race and Assimilation during the Great Migration," Harvard Business School Working Papers 19-018, Harvard Business School, revised Jan 2019.
- Mintchev, Vesselin & Boshnakov, Venelin, 2018. "The Choice of Bulgarian Migrants – Stay or Leave Again?," MPRA Paper 88546, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Tiiu Paas & Maryna Tverdostup, 2018. "Skills heterogeneity and immigrants-native wage gap in European countries," Proceedings of International Academic Conferences 7809585, International Institute of Social and Economic Sciences.
- Michela Carlana & Eliana La Ferrara La Ferrara & Paolo Pinotti, 2018. "Goals and Gaps: Educational Careers of Immigrant Children," CReAM Discussion Paper Series 1812, Centre for Research and Analysis of Migration (CReAM), Department of Economics, University College London.
- Miriam Manchin & Sultan Orazbayev, 2018. "Social Networks and the Intention to Migrate," CID Working Papers 90a, Center for International Development at Harvard University.
- Borowiecki, Karol Jan & Graddy, Kathryn, 2018. "Immigrant Artists: Enrichment or Displacement?," CEPR Discussion Papers 13070, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Burgess, Simon & Heller-Sahlgren, Gabriel, 2018. "Motivated to Succeed? Attitudes to Education among Native and Immigrant Pupils in England," IZA Discussion Papers 11678, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Margarita Lietuvnikė & Aidas Vasilis Vasiliauskas & Virgilija Vasilienė-Vasiliauskienė & Jolanta Sabaitytė, 2018. "Peculiarities of illegal immigrant’s intrusions into road freight transport units in the France - UK corridor," Post-Print hal-01829616, HAL.
- Joël Hellier, 2018. "Globalization, income tax structure and the redistribution–progressivity tradeoff," Working Papers 464, ECINEQ, Society for the Study of Economic Inequality.
- Ortega, Francesc & Hsin, Amy, 2018. "Occupational Barriers and the Labor Market Penalty from Lack of Legal Status," IZA Discussion Papers 11680, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Lopez Barrera, E., 2018. "Hispanics immigrants in the fields: is discrimination a barrier to get non-agricultural jobs?," 2018 Conference, July 28-August 2, 2018, Vancouver, British Columbia 276016, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Mussa, E.C. & Mirzabaev, A. & Admassie, A. & Rukundo, E.N., 2018. "Effects of childhood work on long-term out-migration decision in rural Ethiopia," 2018 Conference, July 28-August 2, 2018, Vancouver, British Columbia 276004, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Lidia Ceriani & Paolo Verme, 2018. "Risk preferences and the decision to flee conflict," Working Papers 460, ECINEQ, Society for the Study of Economic Inequality.