Report NEP-MIG-2017-10-01This is the archive for NEP-MIG, a report on new working papers in the area of Economics of Human Migration. Yuji Tamura issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Zaneta Kubik, 2017. "Climatic variation as a determinant of rural-to-rural migration destination choice:Evidence from Tanzania," Documents de travail du Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne 17037, Université Panthéon-Sorbonne (Paris 1), Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne.
- Carlos Garriga & Aaron Hedlund & Yang Tang & Ping Wang, 2017. "Rural-Urban Migration, Structural Transformation, and Housing Markets in China," NBER Working Papers 23819, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ayhan, Sinem H. & Gatskova, Kseniia & Lehmann, Hartmut, 2017. "The Impact of Non-Cognitive Skills and Risk Preferences on Rural-to-Urban Migration: Evidence from Ukraine," IZA Discussion Papers 10982, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Bütikofer, Aline & Peri, Giovanni, 2017. "The Effects of Cognitive and Noncognitive Skills on Migration Decisions," Discussion Paper Series in Economics 17/2017, Norwegian School of Economics, Department of Economics.
- Celia Melguizo & Vicente Royuela, 2017. "“What drives migration moves across urban areas in Spain? Evidence from the Great Recession”," IREA Working Papers 201717, University of Barcelona, Research Institute of Applied Economics, revised Oct 2017.
- Gianluca Orefice & Gianluca Santoni, 2017. "Exporting Creative and Cultural Products: Birthplace Diversity Matters!," Working Papers 2017-17, CEPII research center.
- de Vuijst, Elise & van Ham, Maarten, 2017. "Educational Attainment and Neighbourhood Outcomes: Differences between Highly-Educated Natives and Non-Western Ethnic Minorities in the Netherlands," IZA Discussion Papers 10999, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Francine D. Blau & Lawrence M. Kahn & Peter Brummund & Jason Cook & Miriam Larson-Koester, 2017. "Is There Still Son Preference in the United States?," NBER Working Papers 23816, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Clark, Gregory & Leigh, Andrew & Pottenger, Mike, 2017. "Immobile Australia: Surnames Show Strong Status Persistence, 1870–2017," IZA Discussion Papers 11021, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Muhammad Iqbal, 2017. "Border Communities Understanding on The Human Trafficking in Indonesia-Malaysia Border Region: Case Study in Sambas District, West Kalimantan," GATR Journals jmmr166, Global Academy of Training and Research (GATR) Enterprise.
- Brücker, Herbert & Rother, Nina & Schupp, Jürgen, 2017. "IAB-BAMF-SOEP-Befragung von Geflüchteten 2016 : Studiendesign, Feldergebnisse sowie Analysen zu schulischer wie beruflicher Qualifikation, Sprachkenntnissen sowie kognitiven Potenzialen," IAB-Forschungsbericht 201713, Institut für Arbeitsmarkt- und Berufsforschung (IAB), Nürnberg [Institute for Employment Research, Nuremberg, Germany].