Report NEP-MIG-2017-02-19This is the archive for NEP-MIG, a report on new working papers in the area of Economics of Human Migration. Yuji Tamura issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Robert Jensen & Nolan H. Miller, 2017. "Keepin' 'em Down on the Farm: Migration and Strategic Investment in Children's Schooling," NBER Working Papers 23122, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Scheffel, Juliane & Zhang, Yiwei, 2016. "How Does Internal Migration Affect the Emotional Health of Elderly Parents Left-Behind?," VfS Annual Conference 2016 (Augsburg): Demographic Change 145663, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- D’Ambrosio, Anna & Leombruni, Roberto & Razzolini, Tiziano, 2017. "Native-Migrant Differences in Trading Off Wages and Workplace Safety," IZA Discussion Papers 10523, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Postepska, Agnieszka & Vella, Francis, 2017. "Persistent Occupational Hierarchies among Immigrant Worker Groups in the United States Labor Market," IZA Discussion Papers 10514, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Franke, Richard, 2017. "The cost of remoteness revisited," Kiel Working Papers 2070, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW Kiel).
- Kosec, Katrina & Ghebru, Hosaena & Holtemeyer, Brian & Mueller, Valerie & Schmidt, Emily, 2016. "The effect of land inheritance on youth employment and migration decisions: Evidence from rural Ethiopia," IFPRI discussion papers 1594, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- D'Albis, Hippolyte & Boubtane, Ekrame & Coulibaly, Dramane, 2017. "International Migration and Regional Housing Markets: Evidence from France," IZA Discussion Papers 10516, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Bratsberg, Bernt & Raaum, Oddbjørn & Røed, Knut, 2017. "Immigrant Labor Market Integration across Admission Classes," IZA Discussion Papers 10513, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Robert C. M. Beyer, 2017. "The Performance of Immigrants in the German Labor Market," SOEPpapers on Multidisciplinary Panel Data Research 892, DIW Berlin, The German Socio-Economic Panel (SOEP).
- Stober, Emmanuel Olusegun, 2016. "China’s rural – urban migration: Who gains, who loses?," MPRA Paper 76827, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- D'Ambrosio, Anna & Montresor, Sandro & Parrilli, Mario Davide & Quatraro, Francesco, 2017. "Migration, communities-on-the-move and international innovation networks: An empirical analysis of Spanish regions," Department of Economics and Statistics Cognetti de Martiis. Working Papers 201701, University of Turin.
- Damiaan Persyn, 2017. "Migration within the EU: investigating the role of education, income differences and cultural barriers," JRC Research Reports JRC104494, Joint Research Centre (Seville site).
- Ufuk Akcigit & John Grigsby & Tom Nicholas, 2017. "Immigration and the Rise of American Ingenuity," NBER Working Papers 23137, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Stöhr, Tobias & Wichardt, Philipp C., 2016. "Openness to Concerns of Host Country Population Improves Attitudes Towards Immigrants," VfS Annual Conference 2016 (Augsburg): Demographic Change 145574, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Bruckmeier, Kerstin & Wiemers, Jürgen, 2016. "Differences in welfare take-up between immigrants and natives," VfS Annual Conference 2016 (Augsburg): Demographic Change 145828, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Michael A. Clemens & Ethan G. Lewis & Hannah M. Postel, 2017. "Immigration Restrictions as Active Labor Market Policy: Evidence from the Mexican Bracero Exclusion," NBER Working Papers 23125, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Oyvat, Cem & wa Gĩthĩnji, Mwangi, 2017. "Migration in Kenya: beyond Harris-Todaro," Greenwich Papers in Political Economy 16226, University of Greenwich, Greenwich Political Economy Research Centre.
- Clemens, Marius, 2016. "Migration, Unemployment and the Business Cycle - A Euro Area Perspective," VfS Annual Conference 2016 (Augsburg): Demographic Change 145578, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.