Report NEP-HIS-2021-06-28This is the archive for NEP-HIS, a report on new working papers in the area of Business, Economic & Financial History. Bernardo BÃ¡tiz-Lazo issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
Subscribe to this report: email or RSS.
Other reports in NEP-HIS
The following items were announced in this report:
- Prados de la Escosura, Leandro & Rodríguez-Caballero, Carlos Vladimir, 2020. "Growth, War, and Pandemics: Europe in the Very Long-run," CEPR Discussion Papers 14816, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Bukowski, Pawel & Novokmet, Filip, 2021. "Between communism and capitalism: long-term inequality in Poland, 1892–2015," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 110221, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Berlin, Howard, 2021. "The Palestine Currency Board: Its History and Currency," Studies in Applied Economics 184, The Johns Hopkins Institute for Applied Economics, Global Health, and the Study of Business Enterprise.
- Giuliano, Paola & Tabellini, Marco, 2020. "The Seeds of Ideology: Historical Immigration and Political Preferences in the United States," CEPR Discussion Papers 14784, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Luca Pensieroso & Romain Restout, 2021. "The Gold Standard and the International Dimension of the Great Depression," Working Papers of BETA 2021-21, Bureau d'Economie Théorique et Appliquée, UDS, Strasbourg.
- Giulia Meloni & Johan Swinnen, 2021. "Globalization and Political Economy of Food Policies: Insights from Planting Restrictions in Colonial Wine Markets," LICOS Discussion Papers 42521, LICOS - Centre for Institutions and Economic Performance, KU Leuven.
- Daly, Michael & Obschonka, Martin & Stuetzer, Michael & Sutin, Angelina & Shaw-Taylor, Leigh & Satchell, Max & Robinson, Eric, 2019. "Neuroticism Mediates the Relationship Between Industrial History and Modern-Day Regional Obesity Levels," MPRA Paper 106505, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 23 Jul 2020.
- Emilio Ocampo, 2021. "Capitalism, Populism and Democracy: Revisiting Samuelson’s Reformulation of Schumpeter," CEMA Working Papers: Serie Documentos de Trabajo. 796, Universidad del CEMA.
- Bukowski, Pawel & Clark, Gregory & Gáspár, Attila & Peto, Rita, 2021. "Social mobility and political regimes: intergenerational mobility in Hungary, 1949-2017," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 110873, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Jolad, Shivakumar & Doshi, Isha, 2021. "Colonial Legacy of Language Politics and Medium of Instruction Policy in India," SocArXiv w9j7x, Center for Open Science.
- Cole, Tim J. & Ogasawara, Kota & Schneider, Eric, 2020. "The Effect of the Second World War on the Growth Pattern of Height in Japanese Children: Catch-up Growth, Critical Windows and the First Thousand Days," CEPR Discussion Papers 14808, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Do, Quoc-Anh & Galbiati, Roberto & Marx, Benjamin & Ortiz Serrano, Miguel Angel, 2020. "J'Accuse! Antisemitism and Financial Markets in the time of the Dreyfus Affair," CEPR Discussion Papers 14826, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Ferraz, Claudio & Finan, Frederico & Martinez-Bravo, Monica, 2020. "Political Power, Elite Control, and Long-Run Development: Evidence from Brazil," CEPR Discussion Papers 14912, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Schularick, Moritz & Ter Steege, Lucas & Ward, Felix, 2020. "Leaning against the wind and crisis risk," CEPR Discussion Papers 14797, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Zanini, Andrea, 2021. "Pratica degli affari e prescrizioni morali: interesse e sconto nei manuali di aritmetica mercantile (secoli XVI-XVIII) [Business practices and moral precepts: interest and discount in commercial ar," MPRA Paper 108308, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Jedwab, Remi & Johnson, Noel & Koyama, Mark, 2020. "Medieval Cities Through the Lens of Urban Economic Theories," CEPR Discussion Papers 14828, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Vincent Carret, 2021. "Rupture and continuity in the original divide between micro-dynamics and macro-dynamics," Working Papers halshs-03242180, HAL.
- Chiswick, Barry R. & Robinson, RaeAnn Halenda, 2021. "Women at Work in the United States since 1860: An Analysis of Unreported Family Workers," IZA Discussion Papers 14449, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Arthi, Vellore & Lampe, Markus & Nair, Ashwin & O'Rourke, Kevin Hjortshøj, 2020. "The Impact of Interwar Protection: Evidence from India," CEPR Discussion Papers 14775, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Suzanne J. Konzelmann & Victoria Chick & Marc Fovargue-Davies, 2020. "Shareholder Value or Public Purpose? From John Maynard Keynes and Adolf Berle to the Modern Debate," Working Papers wp520, Centre for Business Research, University of Cambridge.
- Mario Fortin & Marcelin Joanis & Philippe Kabore & Luc Savard, 2021. "Détermination du PIB réel trimestriel du Québec et analyse du cycle économique, 1948-1980," CIRANO Working Papers 2021s-21, CIRANO.
- Giulia Meloni & Johan Swinnen, 2021. "Globalization and political economy of food policies: insights from planting restrictions in colonial wine markets," Working Papers of Department of Economics, Leuven 675652, KU Leuven, Faculty of Economics and Business (FEB), Department of Economics, Leuven.
- Francois R. Velde, 2020. "What Happened to the US Economy During the 1918 Influenza Pandemic? A View Through High-Frequency Data," Working Paper Series WP-2020-11, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago, revised 07 Jul 2020.
- Vuong, Vu & Chang, Simon & Palmer, Michael, 2021. "Bombing and the Two Vietnams," IZA Discussion Papers 14443, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- David Card & Stefano DellaVigna & Patricia Funk & Nagore Iriberri, 2021. "Gender Differences in Peer Recognition by Economists," NBER Working Papers 28942, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Maria Greve & Michael Fritsch & Michael Wyrwich, 2021. "Long-Term Decline of Regions and the Rise of Populism: The Case of Germany," Jena Economics Research Papers 2021-006, Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena.
- Haelim Anderson & Kinda Cheryl Hachem & Simpson Zhang, 2021. "Reallocating Liquidity to Resolve a Crisis: Evidence from the Panic of 1873," NBER Working Papers 28870, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Daniel P. Gross & Bhaven N. Sampat, 2021. "Crisis Innovation Policy from World War II to COVID-19," NBER Working Papers 28915, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Simon Jäger & Shakked Noy & Benjamin Schoefer, 2021. "What Does Codetermination Do?," NBER Working Papers 28921, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ian Fillmore & Jonathan Hall, 2021. "Technological Change and Obsolete Skills: Evidence from Men's Professional Tennis," Working Papers 2021-029, Human Capital and Economic Opportunity Working Group.
- Ewan McGaughey, 2021. "From ‘Capital and Ideology’ to ‘Democracy and Evidence’: A Review of Thomas Piketty," Working Papers wp526, Centre for Business Research, University of Cambridge.
- Bill Martin, 2020. "Resurrecting the UK Corporate Sector Accounts," Working Papers wp519, Centre for Business Research, University of Cambridge.
- Friedman, Milton, 2021. "Fiscal versus Monetary Policy in the 1960s," Studies in Applied Economics 186, The Johns Hopkins Institute for Applied Economics, Global Health, and the Study of Business Enterprise.
- Khan, Adnan & Mrs, Sultana, 2020. "International Migration Literature Search in Bangladesh during the period of 1971-2020," MPRA Paper 108328, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2020.
- Boppart, Timo & Ngai, L. Rachel, 2021. "Rising inequality and trends in leisure," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 108919, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.