Report NEP-HIS-2019-05-27This is the archive for NEP-HIS, a report on new working papers in the area of Business, Economic & Financial History. Bernardo BÃ¡tiz-Lazo issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Hubert BONIN, 2019. "Luxury relying on banking and finance (19th-21st centuries)," Cahiers du GREThA 2019-06, Groupe de Recherche en Economie Théorique et Appliquée(GREThA).
- Douglas L. Campbell & Lester Lusher, 2018. "The Impact of Real Exchange Rate Shocks on Manufacturing Workers: An Autopsy from the MORG," Working Papers w0223, New Economic School (NES).
- Mariscal de Gante, Álvaro & Rodríguez, Víctor, 2018. "Tres teorías demográficas, las evidencias disponibles y el paso de la descripción del cómo al entendimiento del porqué: Una aplicación y una crítica de tres hipótesis poblacionales en base a los casos," MPRA Paper 94007, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised May 2019.
- Antônio Marcos de Queiroz & Cleidinaldo de Jesus Barbosa & Edson Roberto Vieira & Sabrina Faria de Queiroz, 2018. "Desenvolvimento e subdesenvolvimento econômicos: discussões teóricas da ortodoxia, da CEPAL e de Celso Furtado," Working papers - Textos para Discussao do Curso de Ciencias Economicas da UFG 076, Curso de Ciencias Economicas da Universidade Federal de Goias - FACE.
- Carlo Ciccarelli & Matteo Gomellini & Paolo Sestito, 2019. "Demography and Productivity in the Italian Manufacturing Industry: Yesterday and Today," CEIS Research Paper 457, Tor Vergata University, CEIS, revised 16 May 2019.
- Masami Imai & Tetsuji Okazaki & Michiru Sawada, 2019. "The Effects of Lender of Last Resort on Financial Intermediation during the Great Depression in Japan," Working Papers e129, Tokyo Center for Economic Research.
- Samuel Bazzi & Martin Fiszbein & Mesay Gebresilasse, 2018. "Frontier Culture: The Roots and Persistence of â€œRugged Individualismâ€ in the United States," Boston University - Department of Economics - The Institute for Economic Development Working Papers Series dp-302, Boston University - Department of Economics.
- Thierry Kirat & Frédéric Marty, 2019. "The Late Emerging Consensus Among American Economists on Antitrust Laws in the Second New Deal," CIRANO Working Papers 2019s-12, CIRANO.
- Pilar Beneito & José Joaquin García-Gómez, 2019. "Gender gaps in wages and mortality rates during industrialization: the case of Alcoy, Spain, 1860-1914," Discussion Papers in Economic Behaviour 0119, University of Valencia, ERI-CES.
- Maja Korica & Yoann Bazin, 2019. "Fashion and Organization Studies: Exploring conceptual paradoxes and empirical opportunities," Post-Print hal-02108885, HAL.
- Henrekson, Magnus & Johansson, Dan & Stenkula, Mikael, 2019. "The Rise and Decline of Industrial Foundations as Controlling Owners of Swedish Listed Firms: The Role of Tax Incentives," Working Paper Series 1279, Research Institute of Industrial Economics, revised 09 Sep 2019.
- Tim Johnson & Dalton Conley, 2019. "Military Service and Public Sector Employment: Birthdates Called in the Vietnam Draft Lotteries Appear Excessively in the Population of Civilian U.S. Federal Personnel Records," NBER Working Papers 25859, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jacques Fontanel, 2017. "Les États-Unis sanctuaire du capitalisme, un siècle de leadership américain en question," Post-Print hal-02092002, HAL.
- Arina Wischnewsky & David-Jan Jansen & Matthias Neuenkirch, 2019. "Financial Stability and the Fed: Evidence from Congressional Hearings," DNB Working Papers 633, Netherlands Central Bank, Research Department.
- J. Paul Dunne & Ron P Smith, 2019. "Military Expenditure, Investment and Growth," School of Economics Macroeconomic Discussion Paper Series 2019-01, School of Economics, University of Cape Town.
- Aurov, Oleg (Ауров, Олег), 2019.
"The image of Rome in medieval Europe (the fall of the Roman Republic in the "History of Spain" by Alfonso X the Wise)
[Образ Рима В Средневековой Европе (Падение Римской Республики В «Ист," Working Papers 041914, Russian Presidential Academy of National Economy and Public Administration.
- Pierre Baudry, 2019. "Is Germany a mercantilist state? The dispute over trade between Berlin and Washington under Merkel and Trump," Post-Print hal-02105531, HAL.
- Pavelescu, Florin Marius, 2018. "Înva?amântul din România în perioada 1919-2017," Studii Economice 181221, National Institute of Economic Research.
- Ian Coelho de Souza Almeida, 2019. "Non nova, noviter?: Heinrich Dietzel and the last breath of classical political economy in Germany," Textos para Discussão Cedeplar-UFMG 602, Cedeplar, Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais.
- Pavon-Prado, David, 2019. "Have we been measuring monetary policy correctly? Analysing the Federal Reserve’s policies over the last century," IFCS - Working Papers in Economic History.WH 28342, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Instituto Figuerola.
- Carlos Eduardo Suprinyak & Alexandre Mendes Cunha, 2019. "A história do pensamento econômico no Brasil: um panorama," Textos para Discussão Cedeplar-UFMG 603, Cedeplar, Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais.
- Lloyd, S. & Solomou, S., 2019. "The Impact of the 1932 General Tariff: A Difference-in-Difference Approach," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 1940, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Shari Eli & Trevon D. Logan & Boriana Miloucheva, 2019. "Physician Bias and Racial Disparities in Health: Evidence from Veterans' Pensions," NBER Working Papers 25846, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- David S. Jacks & Dennis Novy, 2019. "Trade Blocs and Trade Wars during the Interwar Period," CEP Discussion Papers dp1620, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Tena Junguito, Antonio & Ayuso-Díaz, Alejandro, 2019. "Trade in the Shadow of Power : Japanese Industrial Exports in the Interwar years," IFCS - Working Papers in Economic History.WH 28350, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Instituto Figuerola.
- John Asker & C. Scott Hemphill, 2019. "A Study of Exclusionary Coalitions: The Canadian Sugar Coalition, 1888–1889," NBER Working Papers 25856, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.