Report NEP-HIS-2009-01-17This is the archive for NEP-HIS, a report on new working papers in the area of Business, Economic & Financial History. Bernardo Batiz-Lazo issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Andrew Godley & Haiming Hang, 2008. "Revisiting the psychic distance paradox: international retailing in China in the long run (1840-2005," Economics & Management Discussion Papers em-dp2008-66, Henley Business School, Reading University.
- Lucy Newton, 2008. "Branding, Marketing and Product Innovation: The attempts of British Banks to Reach Consumers in the Interwar Period," Economics & Management Discussion Papers em-dp2008-55, Henley Business School, Reading University.
- Kris Inwood & Les Oxley & Evan Roberts, 2008. "Physical stature and its interpretation in nineteenth century New Zealand," Working Papers in Economics 08/22, University of Canterbury, Department of Economics and Finance.
- Jeremy Atack & Fred Bateman & Michael Haines & Robert A. Margo, 2009. "Did Railroads Induce or Follow Economic Growth? Urbanization and Population Growth in the American Midwest, 1850-60," NBER Working Papers 14640, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Martha J. Bailey & William J. Collins, 2009. "Did Improvements in Household Technology Cause the Baby Boom? Evidence from Electrification, Appliance Diffusion, and the Amish," NBER Working Papers 14641, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Irina Jormanainen & Rajneesh Narula, 2008. "When a good science base is not enough to create competitive industries: Lockin and inertia in Russian systems of innovation," Economics & Management Discussion Papers em-dp2008-70, Henley Business School, Reading University.
- Peter Scott & James Walker, 2008. "Advertising, promotion, and the competitive advantage of interwar UK department stores," Economics & Management Discussion Papers em-dp2008-56, Henley Business School, Reading University.
- Thomas Philippon & Ariell Reshef, 2009. "Wages and Human Capital in the U.S. Financial Industry: 1909-2006," NBER Working Papers 14644, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- van der Eng, Pierre, 2009. "Growth and Inequality: The Case of Indonesia, 1960-1997," MPRA Paper 12725, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Maura Francese & Angelo Pace, 2008. "Italian Public debt since national unification. A reconstruction of the time series," Questioni di Economia e Finanza (Occasional Papers) 31, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Michael D. Bordo & Ronald MacDonald & Michael J. Oliver, 2009. "Sterling in crisis: 1964-1967," NBER Working Papers 14657, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Carmen M. Reinhart & Kenneth S. Rogoff, 2009. "The Aftermath of Financial Crises," NBER Working Papers 14656, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Julen ESTEBAN-PRETEL & SAWADA Yasuyuki, 2009. "On the Role of Policy Interventions in Structural Change and Economic Development: The Case of Postwar Japan," Discussion papers 09001, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI).
- Jan M. Hoem & Dora Kostova & Aiva Jasilioniene & Cornelia Mureşan, 2009. "The structure of recent first-union formation in Romania," MPIDR Working Papers WP-2009-002, Max Planck Institute for Demographic Research, Rostock, Germany.
- James Walker, 2008. "National Income in Domesday England," Economics & Management Discussion Papers em-dp2008-67, Henley Business School, Reading University.
- M. van Leuvensteijn, 2008. "The Boone-indicator: Identifying different regimes of competition for the American Sugar Refining Company 1890-1914," Working Papers 08-37, Utrecht School of Economics.
- Duduiala-Popescu, Lorena, 2008. "A major controversy: globalization or not?," MPRA Paper 12658, University Library of Munich, Germany.