Report NEP-HEA-2019-08-12This is the archive for NEP-HEA, a report on new working papers in the area of Health Economics. Nicolas R. Ziebarth issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Robert Kaestner & Engy Ziedan, 2019. "Mortality and Socioeconomic Consequences of Prescription Opioids: Evidence from State Policies," NBER Working Papers 26135, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Barrenho, E.; & Miraldo, M.; & Propper, C; & Rose, C.;, 2019. "Peer and network effects in medical innovation: the case of laparoscopic surgery in the English NHS," Health, Econometrics and Data Group (HEDG) Working Papers 19/10, HEDG, c/o Department of Economics, University of York.
- Matilde Giaccherini & Joanna Kopinska & Alessandro Palma, 2019. "When Particulate Matter Strikes Cities: Social Disparities and Health Costs of Air Pollution," CEIS Research Paper 467, Tor Vergata University, CEIS, revised 07 Oct 2019.
- Hayen, A.P.; & Klein, T.J.; & Salm, M.;, 2019. "Does the framing of patient cost-sharing incentives matter? The effects of deductibles vs. no-claim refunds," Health, Econometrics and Data Group (HEDG) Working Papers 19/12, HEDG, c/o Department of Economics, University of York.
- Everding, Jakob, 2019. "Heterogeneous spillover effects of children's education on parental mental health," hche Research Papers 2019/18, University of Hamburg, Hamburg Center for Health Economics (hche).
- Janys, L.; & Siflinger, B.;, 2019. "Abortion and mental health: The role of selection," Health, Econometrics and Data Group (HEDG) Working Papers 19/15, HEDG, c/o Department of Economics, University of York.
- Herrera-Araujo, D.; & Rochaix, L.;, 2019. "Competition Between Public and Private Maternity Care Providers in France: Evidence on Market Segmentation," Health, Econometrics and Data Group (HEDG) Working Papers 19/11, HEDG, c/o Department of Economics, University of York.
- Xue, Sen & Kidd, Michael P. & Le, Anh T. & Kirk, Kathy & Martin, Nicholas G., 2019. "The Role of Locus of Control in Education, Occupation, Income and Healthy Habits: Evidence from Australian Twins," GLO Discussion Paper Series 371, Global Labor Organization (GLO).
- Gaessler, Fabian & Wagner, Stefan, 2019. "Patents, Data Exclusivity, and the Development of New Drugs," Rationality and Competition Discussion Paper Series 176, CRC TRR 190 Rationality and Competition.
- Blake Rayfield & Omer Unsal, 2019. "Employee Disputes and Innovation Performance: Evidence from Pharmaceutical Industry," NFI Working Papers 2019-WP-01, Indiana State University, Scott College of Business, Networks Financial Institute.
- Kant, Chander, 2019. "Stillbirths: How should its rate be reported, its disability-adjusted-life-years (DALY), and stillbirths adjusted life expectancy," MPRA Paper 94928, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Marcella Alsan & Vincenzo Atella & Jay Bhattacharya & Valentina Conti & Ivàn Mejìa-Guevara & Grant Miller, 2019. "Technological Progress and Health Convergence: The Case of Penicillin in Post-War Italy," CEIS Research Paper 465, Tor Vergata University, CEIS, revised 30 Jul 2019.
- J. Goldberg & M. Macis & P. Chintagunta, 2019. "Incentivized Peer Referrals for Tuberculosis Screening: Evidence from India," Working Paper CRENoS 201911, Centre for North South Economic Research, University of Cagliari and Sassari, Sardinia.
- Meng, Xin & Xue, Sen, 2019. "Social Networks and Mental Health Outcomes: Chinese Rural-Urban Migrant Experience," GLO Discussion Paper Series 370, Global Labor Organization (GLO).
- Akanonu, Precious C. & Ishaku, Joseph & Onyekwena, Chukwuka, 2019. "The Economics of Tobacco Control in Nigeria: Modelling the Fiscal and Health Effects of a Tobacco Excise Tax Change," Working Papers 14598, Institute of Development Studies, International Centre for Tax and Development.
- Wiktoria Tafesse & Gerald Manthalu & Martin Chalkley, 2019. "The effect of government contracting with faith-based health care providers in Malawi," Working Papers 167cherp, Centre for Health Economics, University of York.
- Lau, Siew Yee & Parinduri, Rasyad & Lee, Yoong Hon, 2019. "Does Social Health Insurance Help Owners of Micro- and Small Firms Cope with Family Hardships? Evidence from Indonesia," MPRA Paper 95295, University Library of Munich, Germany.