Report NEP-FOR-2012-07-14This is the archive for NEP-FOR, a report on new working papers in the area of Forecasting. Rob J Hyndman issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Erik Snowberg & Justin Wolfers & Eric Zitzewitz, 2012. "Prediction Markets for Economic Forecasting," CAMA Working Papers 2012-33, Centre for Applied Macroeconomic Analysis, Crawford School of Public Policy, The Australian National University.
- Philip Hans Franses & Michael McAleer & Rianne Legerstee, 2012. "Evaluating Macroeconomic Forecasts: A Concise Review of Some Recent Developments," Working Papers in Economics 12/12, University of Canterbury, Department of Economics and Finance.
- Julie K. Smith, 2012. "PCE inflation and core inflation," Working Papers 1203, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas, revised 2012.
- Rodrigo Mariscal & Andrew Powell, 2012. "Forecasting Inflation Risks in Latin America: A Technical Note," Research Department Publications 4785, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Gregory R. Duffee, 2012. "Forecasting interest rates," Economics Working Paper Archive 599, The Johns Hopkins University,Department of Economics.
- Mark J Jensen & John M Maheu, 2012. "Bayesian semiparametric multivariate GARCH modeling," Working Papers tecipa-458, University of Toronto, Department of Economics.
- Bela Nagy & J. Doyne Farmer & Quan M. Bui & Jessika E. Trancik, 2012. "Statistical Basis for Predicting Technological Progress," Papers 1207.1463, arXiv.org.
- Krieger, Kevin & Fodor, Andy & Mauck, Nathan & Stevenson, Greg, 2012. "Predicting Extreme Returns and Portfolio Management Implications," MPRA Paper 39845, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Eric Hillebrand & Marcelo C. Medeiros, 2012. "Nonlinearity, Breaks, and Long-Range Dependence in Time-Series Models," CREATES Research Papers 2012-30, Department of Economics and Business Economics, Aarhus University.
- Alfredo Di Tillio & Itzhak Gilboa & Larry Samuelson, 2012. "The predictive role of counterfactuals," Post-Print hal-00712888, HAL.
- Jason Shachat & J. Todd Swarthout & Lijia Wei, 2012. "A hidden Markov model for the detection of pure and mixed strategy play in games," Experimental Economics Center Working Paper Series 2012-11, Experimental Economics Center, Andrew Young School of Policy Studies, Georgia State University.
- Alan K. Detmeister, 2012. "What should core inflation exclude?," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2012-43, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Meghan R. Busse & Devin G. Pope & Jaren C. Pope & Jorge Silva-Risso, 2012. "Projection Bias in the Car and Housing Markets," NBER Working Papers 18212, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.