Report NEP-FOR-2011-01-16This is the archive for NEP-FOR, a report on new working papers in the area of Forecasting. Rob J Hyndman issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Giacomo Sbrana, 2010. "Forecasting damped trend exponential smoothing: an algebraic viewpoint," Working Papers 10-08, Association Française de Cliométrie (AFC).
- Rangan Gupta & Alain Kabundi & Stephen M. Miller & Josine Uwilingiye, 2011. "Using Large Data Sets to Forecast Sectoral Employment," Working Papers 201101, University of Pretoria, Department of Economics.
- Elena Andreou & Eric Ghysels & Andros Kourtellos, 2010. "Should Macroeconomic Forecasters Use Daily Financial Data and How?," Working Paper Series 42_10, The Rimini Centre for Economic Analysis.
- Buchmann, Marco, 2011. "Corporate bond spreads and real activity in the euro area - Least Angle Regression forecasting and the probability of the recession," Working Paper Series 1286, European Central Bank.
- Mario Cerrato & Hyunsok Kim & Ronald MacDonald, 2010. "Microstructure order flow: statistical and economic evaluation of nonlinear forecasts," Working Papers 2010_30, Business School - Economics, University of Glasgow.
- Monica Billio & Roberto Casarin & Francesco Ravazzolo & Herman K. van Dijk, 2010. "Combining predictive densities using Bayesian filtering with applications to US economics data," Working Paper 2010/29, Norges Bank.
- Joshua C.C. Chan & Gary Koop & Roberto Leon-Gonzalez & Rodney W. Strachan, 2010. "Time Varying Dimension Models," Working Paper Series 44_10, The Rimini Centre for Economic Analysis.
- Mohapatra, Sanket & Ratha, Dilip, 2010. "Forecasting migrant remittances during the global financial crisis," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5512, The World Bank.
- Brůha, Jan & Pierluigi, Beatrice & Serafini, Roberta, 2011. "Euro area labour markets: different reaction to shocks?," Working Paper Series 1284, European Central Bank.