Report NEP-EDU-2017-06-25This is the archive for NEP-EDU, a report on new working papers in the area of Education. JoÃ£o Carlos Correia LeitÃ£o issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Yuko Okajima & Hisanobu Kakizawa & Wataru Senoh & Tomotaka Hirao & Hisakazu Matsushige, 2017. "The Effect of Kumon Method on Motivation for Learning: Evidence from Junior High School Student in Japan," OSIPP Discussion Paper 17J001Rev, Osaka School of International Public Policy, Osaka University, revised Jun 2017.
- Matteo Bobba & Verónica Frisancho, 2016. "Learning about Oneself: The Effects of Performance Feedback on School Choice," IDB Publications (Working Papers) 94078, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Maria Heracleous & Mario González & Paul Winters, 2016. "Conditional Cash Transfers and Schooling Decisions: Evidence from Urban Mexico," IDB Publications (Working Papers) 95639, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Oecd, 2017. "Who bears the cost of early childhood education and how does it affect enrolment?," Education Indicators in Focus 52, OECD Publishing.
- Booij, Adam S. & Haan, Ferry & Plug, Erik, 2017. "Can Gifted and Talented Education Raise the Academic Achievement of All High-Achieving Students?," IZA Discussion Papers 10836, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Matías Busso & Taryn Dinkelman & Claudia Martínez & Dario Romero, 2016. "The Effects of Financial Aid and Returns Information in Selective and Less Selective Schools: Experimental Evidence from Chile," IDB Publications (Working Papers) 96378, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Stöver, Britta, 2017. "Empirical evidence in explaining the transition behaviour from school to studies - challenges in forecasting the number of first-year students in Germany," Hannover Economic Papers (HEP) dp-596, Leibniz Universität Hannover, Wirtschaftswissenschaftliche Fakultät.
- Demachi, Kazue, 2017. "TVET as the last educational chance : employability and family background of Ethiopian urban youth," IDE Discussion Papers 671, Institute of Developing Economies, Japan External Trade Organization(JETRO).
- Aaron Chatterji, 2017. "Innovation and American K-12 Education," NBER Working Papers 23531, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lois Miller & Humberto Barreto, 2017. "The Role Of Distance In College Undermatching," Working Papers 2017-01, DePauw University, Department of Economics and Management.
- Yulia V. Kuzmina & Alina E. Ivanova & Inna V.Antipkina, 2017. "Direct and Indirect Effects of Phonological Ability and Vocabulary Knowledge on Math Performance in Elementary School," HSE Working papers WP BRP 76/PSY/2017, National Research University Higher School of Economics.
- Oecd, 2017. "Do students spend enough time learning?," PISA in Focus 73, OECD Publishing.
- Gil-Izquierdo, María & Cordero, José Manuel, 2017. "Guidelines for data fusion with international large scale assessments: Insights from the TALIS-PISA link," MPRA Paper 79781, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Bingley, Paul & Martinello, Alessandro, 2017. "The Effects of Schooling on Wealth Accumulation Approaching Retirement," Working Papers 2017:9, Lund University, Department of Economics.
- Yekaterina Chzhen & Zlata Bruckauf & UNICEF Office of Research - Innocenti, 2017. "Is University Education More Important for a Boy than for a Girl? Social approval of unequal educational opportunity across 21 countries," Papers inores895, Innocenti Research Briefs.
- Gaule, Patrick & Piacentini, Mario, 2017. "An Advisor Like Me? Advisor Gender and Post-Graduate Careers in Science," IZA Discussion Papers 10828, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Papageorge, Nicholas W. & Ronda, Victor & Zheng, Yu, 2017. "The Economic Value of Breaking Bad: Misbehavior, Schooling and the Labor Market," IZA Discussion Papers 10822, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Francisco, Kris A., 2017. "The Impacts of Roll-On/Roll-Off Transport System in the Philippines," Discussion Papers DP 2017-22, Philippine Institute for Development Studies.