Report NEP-EDU-2013-02-16This is the archive for NEP-EDU, a report on new working papers in the area of Education. Joao Carlos Correia Leitao issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Cristina Lopez-Mayan, 2013. "Performance in Post-compulsory Education: Evidence from Vocational and Academic Tracks," Working Papers wpdea1302, Department of Applied Economics at Universitat Autonoma of Barcelona.
- Alison L. Booth & Lina Cardona-Sosa & Patrick Nolen, 2013. "Do Single-Sex Classes Affect Exam Scores? An Experiment in a Coeducational University," CEPR Discussion Papers 679, Centre for Economic Policy Research, Research School of Economics, Australian National University.
- Roberts, Jason & Mehlhorn, Sandy & Mehlhorn, Joey, 2013. "Do Students See the Big Picture: General Versus Discipline Specific Education," 2013 Annual Meeting, February 2-5, 2013, Orlando, Florida 142881, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
- John F. Witte & Barbara Wolfe & Sara E. Dahill-Brown, 2013. "Income and Access to Higher Education: Are High Quality Universities Becoming More or Less Elite? A Longitudinal Analysis of Admissions at UW-Madison," CEPR Discussion Papers 681, Centre for Economic Policy Research, Research School of Economics, Australian National University.
- Jeffrey Grogger & Gordon H. Hanson, 2013. "Attracting Talent: Location Choices of Foreign-Born PhDs in the US," NBER Working Papers 18780, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Marisa Hidalgo Hidalgo & Guadalupe Valera Blanes, 2013. "University merging process," Working Papers. Serie AD 2013-01, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- Philip Wales, 2013. "Access All Areas? The Impact of Fees and Background on Student Demand for Postgraduate Higher Education in the UK," SERC Discussion Papers 0128, Spatial Economics Research Centre, LSE.
- Scott Fulford, 2012. "Returns to education in India," Boston College Working Papers in Economics 819, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Dickerson, Andy & McIntosh, Steven & Valente, Christine, 2013. "Do the Maths: An Analysis of the Gender Gap in Mathematics in Africa," IZA Discussion Papers 7174, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Barbara Wolfe & Jason Fletcher, 2013. "Estimating Benefits from University Level Diversity," CEPR Discussion Papers 680, Centre for Economic Policy Research, Research School of Economics, Australian National University.
- Czarnitzki, Dirk & Rammer, Christian & Toole, Andrew A., 2013. "University spinoffs and the 'performance premium'," ZEW Discussion Papers 13-004, ZEW - Leibniz Centre for European Economic Research.
- Joensen, Juanna Schrøter & Nielsen, Helena Skyt, 2013. "Math and Gender: Is Math a Route to a High-Powered Career?," IZA Discussion Papers 7164, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Thomas Brenner & Charlotte Schlump, 2013. "Universities, Public Research and Regional Innovation Output: An Empirical Study of 19 Technologies in Germany," Working Papers on Innovation and Space 2013-03, Philipps University Marburg, Department of Geography.
- Mehlhorn, Joey & Mehlhorn, Sandy & Parrott, Scott D. & D'Antoni, Jeremy M., 2013. "Teaching the Importance of the Global Economy through Travel Study Courses," 2013 Annual Meeting, February 2-5, 2013, Orlando, Florida 142956, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
- Pier-Andre Bouchard St-Amant, 2013. "University Funding Policies: Buildings Or Citizens?," Working Paper 1302, Economics Department, Queen's University.
- Monroe, A. Dean, Jr. & Howry, Sierra S., 2013. "What Influences a Student to Attend a Regionally Isolated University?," 2013 Annual Meeting, February 2-5, 2013, Orlando, Florida 143098, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
- Brant Abbott & Giovanni Gallipoli & Costas Meghir & Giovanni L. Violante, 2013. "Education Policy and Intergenerational Transfers in Equilibrium," NBER Working Papers 18782, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.