Report NEP-EDU-2008-06-27This is the archive for NEP-EDU, a report on new working papers in the area of Education. Joao Carlos Correia Leitao issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- D. Vuri, 2008. "The effect of availability and distance to school on children's time allocation in Ghana and Guatemala," UCW Working Paper 40, Understanding Children's Work (UCW Programme).
- Braz Camargo & Ralph Stinebrickner & Todd Stinebrickner, 2008. "Evidence About the Potential Role for Affirmative Action in Higher Education," University of Western Ontario, Centre for Human Capital and Productivity (CHCP) Working Papers 20084, University of Western Ontario, Centre for Human Capital and Productivity (CHCP).
- Noha El-Bassiouny & Ahmed Taher & Ehab M. Abou Aish, 2008. "The Importance of Character Education for Tweens as Consumers," Working Papers 11, The German University in Cairo, Faculty of Management Technology.
- F. Blanco & M. G. Breglia & L. Guarcello & C. Valdivia, 2008. "Violence against children:preliminary evidence from Colombia, El Salvador, Cambodia and Ecuador," UCW Working Paper 41, Understanding Children's Work (UCW Programme).
- Lee, Chanyoung & Orazem, Peter, 2008. "High School Employment, School Performance, and College Entry," Staff General Research Papers Archive 12953, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Gustavo Yamada & Juan F. Castro & Arlette Beltran & Maria A. Cardenas, 2008. "Educational Attainment, Growth and Poverty Reduction within the MDG Framework: Simulations and Costing for the Peruvian Case," Working Papers MPIA 2008-05, PEP-MPIA.
- E. Izquierdo & D. Buyens, 2008. "Impact Assessment of an Entrepreneurship Course on Students’ Entrepreneurial Competencies: A Constructivist Perspective," Working Papers of Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, Ghent University, Belgium 08/506, Ghent University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration.
- Scott E. Carrell & James E. West, 2008. "Does Professor Quality Matter? Evidence from Random Assignment of Students to Professors," NBER Working Papers 14081, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Schoellman, Todd, 2008. "The Causes and Consequences of Cross-Country Differences in Schooling Attainment," MPRA Paper 9243, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Francesco Lissoni & Patrick Llerena & Maureen McKelvey & Bulat Sanditov, 2008. "Academic Patenting in Europe: New Evidence from the KEINS Database," Working Papers of BETA 2008-16, Bureau d'Economie Théorique et Appliquée, UDS, Strasbourg.
- Nicole Walter & Runli Xie, 2008. "Can Education Save Europe From High Unemployment?," SFB 649 Discussion Papers SFB649DP2008-039, Sonderforschungsbereich 649, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany.
- Barbara M. Fraumeni & Marshall B. Reinsdorf & Brooks B. Robinson & Matthew P. Williams, 2008. "Price and Real Output Measures for the Education Function of Government: Exploratory Estimates for Primary & Secondary Education," NBER Working Papers 14099, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lee, Chanyoung & Orazem, Peter, 2008. "If Johnny Can't Work, Can Johnny Read Better?: Child Labor Laws, Labor Supply and Schooling Outcomes," Staff General Research Papers Archive 12952, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Tom Coupé & Victor Ginsburgh & Abdul Noury, 2008. "Are leading papers of better quality? Evidence from a natural experiment," Discussion Papers 9, Kyiv School of Economics.