Report NEP-DEV-2019-02-04This is the archive for NEP-DEV, a report on new working papers in the area of Development. Jacob A. Jordaan issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Anand, Paul & Behrman, Jere R. & Dang, Hai-Anh & Jones, Sam, 2019. "Inequality of Opportunity in Education: Accounting for the Contributions of Sibs, Schools and Sorting across East Africa," IZA Discussion Papers 12070, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Jaramillo, Miguel, 2019. "The unprotecting effects of employment protection: the impact of the 2001 labor reform in Peru," GLO Discussion Paper Series 299, Global Labor Organization (GLO).
- Klasen, Stephan & Pieters, Janneke & Santos Silva, Manuel & Ngoc Tu, Le Thi, 2019. "What Drives Female Labor Force Participation? Comparable Micro-Level Evidence from Eight Developing and Emerging Economies," IZA Discussion Papers 12067, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Teferi Mergo & Alain-Desire Nimubona & Horatiu Rus, 2019. "Political Representation and the Provision of Public Goods: Theory and Evidence from Ethiopia," Working Papers 1901, University of Waterloo, Department of Economics, revised Jan 2019.
- Gupta, Aashish & Khalid, Nazar & Desphande, Devashish & Hathi, Payal & Kapur, Avani & Srivastav, Nikhil & Vyas, Sangita & Spears, Dean & Coffey, Diane, 2019. "Changes in Open Defecation in Rural North India: 2014-2018," IZA Discussion Papers 12065, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Asongu, Simplice A & Odhiambo, Nicholas M, 2019. "Enhancing ICT for quality education in Sub-Saharan Africa," Working Papers 25227, University of South Africa, Department of Economics.
- Cecilia Parada, 2018. "Income cash transfers and intrahousehold decision making," Documentos de Trabajo (working papers) 18-17, Instituto de Economia - IECON.
- Nancy Kong & Lars Osberg & Weina Zhou, 2018. "The Shattered “Iron Rice Bowl”— Intergenerational Effects of Economic Insecurity During Chinese State- Owned Enterprise Reform," Working Papers daleconwp2018-01, Dalhousie University, Department of Economics.
- Pugatch, Todd, 2019. "Tropical Storms and Mortality under Climate Change," GLO Discussion Paper Series 304, Global Labor Organization (GLO).
- Molina, Oswaldo & Santa María, Diego & Yamada, Gustavo, 2018. "What Stops Poor Girls from Going to College? Skill Development and Access to Higher Education in a Developing Country," IZA Discussion Papers 12052, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Gelagay, Megos Desalegne & Lecoutere, Els, 2019. "Did conditional cash transfers in the Productive Safety Net Program empower women in Tigray, north-east Ethiopia?," IOB Discussion Papers 2019.01, Universiteit Antwerpen, Institute of Development Policy (IOB).
- Girsberger, Esther Mirjam & Meango, Romuald & Rapoport, Hillel, 2018. "Regional Migration and Wage Inequality in the West African Economic and Monetary Union," IZA Discussion Papers 12048, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Kumar, Krishna B. & Mahmud, Minhaj & Nataraj, Shanthi & Cho, Yoon Y., 2019. "Employer and Employee Preferences for Worker Benefits: Evidence from a Matched Survey on the Bangladesh Informal Sector," IZA Discussion Papers 12064, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).