Report NEP-DEV-2018-01-15This is the archive for NEP-DEV, a report on new working papers in the area of Development. Jacob A. Jordaan issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Sami Bensassi & Joachim Jarreau & Cristina Mitaritonna, 2017. "Trade barriers and informality of trade: evidence from Benin's borders," Working Papers DT/2017/11, DIAL (Développement, Institutions et Mondialisation).
- Pedro Carneiro & Sokbae (Simon) Lee & Daniel Wilhelm, 2017. "Optimal data collection for randomized control trials," CeMMAP working papers CWP45/17, Centre for Microdata Methods and Practice, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Hönig, Tillman, 2017. "The Impact of Peace: Evidence from Nigeria," MPRA Paper 83302, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Stijn van Weezel, 2017. "Mostly Harmless? A Subnational Analysis of the Aid-Conflict Nexus," Working Papers 201728, School of Economics, University College Dublin.
- Titus Galama & Robson Morgan & Juan E. Saavedra, 2017. "Wealthier, Happier and More Self-Sufficient: When Anti-Poverty Programs Improve Economic and Subjective Wellbeing at a Reduced Cost to Taxpayers," Working Papers 2017-090, Human Capital and Economic Opportunity Working Group.
- Marion Mercier & Rama Lionel Ngenzebuke & Hugues Philip Verwimp, 2017. "Violence exposure and deprivation: Evidence from the Burundi civil war," Working Papers DT/2017/14, DIAL (Développement, Institutions et Mondialisation).
- Chaoran Chen & Diego Restuccia & Raül Santaeulàlia-Llopis, 2017. "The Effects of Land Markets on Resource Allocation and Agricultural Productivity," Working Papers 1011, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics.
- Stijn van Weezel, 2017. "The Effect of Civil War Violence on Aid Allocations in Uganda," Working Papers 201725, School of Economics, University College Dublin.
- Iyigun, Murat & Nunn, Nathan & Qian, Nancy, 2017. "The Long-Run Effects of Agricultural Productivity on Conflict, 1400-1900," IZA Discussion Papers 11189, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Baranov, Victoria & Bhalotra, Sonia R. & Biroli, Pietro & Maselko, Joanna, 2017. "Maternal Depression, Women’s Empowerment, and Parental Investment: Evidence from a Large Randomized Control Trial," IZA Discussion Papers 11187, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Elodie Djemai, 2017. "Roads and the Spread of AIDS in Africa," Working Papers DT/2017/16, DIAL (Développement, Institutions et Mondialisation).
- Barua, Rashmi & Goel, Prarthna & Sane, Renuka, 2017. "The Effect of Age-Specific Sex Ratios on Crime: Instrumental Variable Estimates from India," Working Papers 17/214, National Institute of Public Finance and Policy.
- Anusha Nath & Dilip Mookherjee, 2017. "Resource Transfers to Local Governments: Political Manipulation and Voting Patterns in West Bengal," 2017 Meeting Papers 1266, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Catherine Bros & Alain Desdoigts & Hugues Kouassi Kouadio, 2017. "Land Tenure Insecurity as an Investment Incentive: The Case of Migrant Cocoa Farmers and Settlers in Ivory Coast," Working Papers DT/2017/12, DIAL (Développement, Institutions et Mondialisation).
- Lecoutere, Els & Wuyts, Eva, 2017. "Confronting the wall of patriarchy : does participatory intrahousehold decision-making empower women in agricultural households?," IOB Working Papers 2017.13, Universiteit Antwerpen, Institute of Development Policy (IOB).