Report NEP-DEV-2017-01-29This is the archive for NEP-DEV, a report on new working papers in the area of Development. Jacob A. Jordaan issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Aditi Bhattacharyya & Daisy Das & Arkadipta Ghosh, 2017. "Electrification and Welfare of Poor Households in Rural India," Working Papers 1702, Sam Houston State University, Department of Economics and International Business.
- Eoin McGuirk & Marshall Burke, 2017. "The Economic Origins of Conflict in Africa," NBER Working Papers 23056, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Nouve, Yawotse & Acharya, Ram N., 2017. "Extreme Weather Events, Farm Income, and Poverty in Niger," 2017 Annual Meeting, February 4-7, 2017, Mobile, Alabama 252800, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
- Damilola Olajide & Maria Laura Alzua & Ana Dammert & Olusegun Sotola & Thompson Ayodele, 2016. "Randomized Evaluation of the Unconditional Cash Transfer Scheme for the Elderly in Ekiti State Nigeria," Working Papers PIERI 2016-21, PEP-PIERI.
- Lorena Alcázar & María Balarin & Karen Espinoza, 2016. "Impacts of the Peruvian Conditional Cash Transfer Program on Women’s Empowerment: A Quantitative and Qualitative Approach," Working Papers PMMA 2016-25, PEP-PMMA.
- Clément Bellet & Eve Sihra, 2016. "Less Food for More Status: Caste Inequality and Conspicuous Consumption in India," Sciences Po publications 56, Sciences Po.
- Harounan Kazianga & Leigh Linden & Cara Orfield & Matt Sloan & Ali Protik, 2016. "The Medium-Term Impacts of Girl-Friendly Schools: 7-Year Evidence from School Construction in Burkina Faso," Economics Working Paper Series 1609, Oklahoma State University, Department of Economics and Legal Studies in Business.
- Deepti Goel & Ashwini Deshpande, 2016. "Identity, Perceptions and Institutions: Caste Differences in Earnings from Self-Employment in India," Working papers 259, Centre for Development Economics, Delhi School of Economics.
- Sylvain Dessy, Setou Diarra, Roland Pongou & Setou Diarra & Roland Pongou, 2016. "Adolescent Brides and Grooms' Education: Theory and Evidence," Cahiers de recherche 1610, Centre de recherche sur les risques, les enjeux économiques, et les politiques publiques.
- Frankema, Ewout & Papaioannou, Kostadis, 2017. "Rainfall Patterns and Human Settlement in Tropical Africa and Asia Compared. Did African Farmers Face Greater Insecurity?," CEPR Discussion Papers 11795, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Jacob, Arun, 2016. "Gender Bias in Educational Attainment in India : The Role of Dowry Payments," MPRA Paper 76338, University Library of Munich, Germany.