Report NEP-DEV-2016-12-11This is the archive for NEP-DEV, a report on new working papers in the area of Development. Jacob A. Jordaan issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Maria Caridad Araujo & Mariano Bosch & Norbert Schady, 2016. "Can Cash Transfers Help Households Escape an Inter-Generational Poverty Trap?," Working Papers 2016-030, Human Capital and Economic Opportunity Working Group.
- Janina Hundenborn & Ingrid Woolard & Murray Leibbrandt, 2016. "Drivers of Inequality in South Africa," SALDRU Working Papers 194, Southern Africa Labour and Development Research Unit, University of Cape Town.
- Chicoine, Luke, 2016. "Free Primary Education, Schooling, and Fertility: Evidence from Ethiopia," IZA Discussion Papers 10387, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- von Fintel, Dieter & Pienaar, Louw, 2016. "Small-Scale Farming and Food Security: The Enabling Role of Cash Transfers in South Africa's Former Homelands," IZA Discussion Papers 10377, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Aïssata Coulibaly, 2016. "Revisiting the Relationship between Financial Development and Child Labor in Developing Countries: Do Inequality and Institutions Matter?," Working Papers halshs-01402997, HAL.
- Aïssata Coulibaly & Urbain Thierry Yogo, 2016. "Access to Financial Services and Working Poverty in Developing Countries," Working Papers halshs-01403001, HAL.
- Makovec, Mattia & Purnamasari, Ririn & Sandi, Matteo & Savitri, Astrid, 2016. "Intended vs. unintended consequences of migration restriction policies: evidence from a natural experiment in Indonesia," ISER Working Paper Series 2016-13, Institute for Social and Economic Research.
- Afridi, Farzana & Dhillon, Amrita & Solan, Eilon, 2016. "Exposing Corruption: Can Electoral Competition Discipline Politicians?," IZA Discussion Papers 10396, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Campus, Daniela & Giannelli, Gianna Claudia, 2016. "Is the Allocation of Time Gender Sensitive to Food Price Changes? An Investigation of Hours of Work in Uganda," IZA Discussion Papers 10376, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Delgado Montes, Juan Gabriel & Corrales, Javier & Singh, Prakarsh, 2016. "The 'Informality Gap': Can Education Help Minorities Escape Informal Employment? Evidence from Peru," IZA Discussion Papers 10389, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Antoine Marsaudon & Josselin Thuilliez, 2016. "Does democracy reduce the HIV epidemic? Evidence from Kenya," PSE Working Papers halshs-01400833, HAL.
- Framcisco Cavalcanti & Gianmarco Daniele & Sergio Galletta, 2016. "Popularity shocks and political selection : the effects of anti-corruption audits on candidates' quality," IdEP Economic Papers 1607, USI Università della Svizzera italiana.