Report NEP-DEV-2014-12-29This is the archive for NEP-DEV, a report on new working papers in the area of Development. Jacob A. Jordaan issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Pushkar Maitra & Sandip Mitra & Dilip Mookherjee & Alberto Motta & Sujata Visaria, 2014. "Financing Smallholder Agriculture: An Experiment with Agent-Intermediated Microloans in India," NBER Working Papers 20709, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Posel, Dorrit & Rogan, Michael, 2014. "Measured as poor versus feeling poor: Comparing objective and subjective poverty rates in South Africa," WIDER Working Paper Series 133, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Obisesan, Adekemi, 2014. "Gender Differences In Technology Adoption And Welfare Impact Among Nigerian Farming Households," MPRA Paper 58920, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Harounan Kazianga & Francis Makamu, 2014. "Crop Choice, School Participation and Child Labor in Developing Countries: Cotton Expansion in Burkina Faso," Economics Working Paper Series 1501, Oklahoma State University, Department of Economics and Legal Studies in Business.
- McKenzie, David, 2014. "Macroinsurance for Microenterprises: A Randomized Experiment in Post-Revolution Egypt," CEPR Discussion Papers 10226, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Lawson, Nicholas & Spears, Dean, 2014. "What doesn't kill you makes you poorer : adult wages and the early-life disease environment in India," Policy Research Working Paper Series 7121, The World Bank.
- Hathi, Payal & Haque, Sabrina & Pant, Lovey & Coffey, Diane & Spears, Dean, 2014. "Place and child health : the interaction of population density and sanitation in developing countries," Policy Research Working Paper Series 7124, The World Bank.
- Berman, Nicolas & Couttenier, Mathieu & Rohner, Dominic & Thoenig, Mathias, 2014. "This mine is mine! How minerals fuel conflicts in Africa," CEPR Discussion Papers 10089, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Binswanger-Mkhize, Hans P. & Savastano, Sara, 2014. "Agricultural intensification : the status in six African countries," Policy Research Working Paper Series 7116, The World Bank.
- Katsushi S. Imai & Raghav Gaiha & Constanza Di Nucci, 2014. "Agricultural Employment, Wages and Poverty in Developing Countries," Brooks World Poverty Institute Working Paper Series 20914, BWPI, The University of Manchester.
- Qian, Nancy, 2014. "Making Progress on Foreign Aid," CEPR Discussion Papers 10129, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Michalopoulos, Stelios & Papaioannou, Elias, 2014. "Further Evidence on the Link between Pre-Colonial Political Centralization and Comparative Economic Development in Africa," CEPR Discussion Papers 10258, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Jerven, Morten, 2014. "African growth miracle or statistical tragedy? Interpreting trends in the data over the past two decades," WIDER Working Paper Series 114, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Bezu, Sosina & Barrett, Christopher B. & Holden, Stein, 2014. "Activity Choice in Rural Non-farm Employment (RNFE): Survival versus accumulative strategy," CLTS Working Papers 11/14, Centre for Land Tenure Studies, Norwegian University of Life Sciences.