Report NEP-ARA-2019-09-09This is the archive for NEP-ARA, a report on new working papers in the area of MENA - Middle East & North Africa. Paul Makdissi issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Yumurtaci, Aynur & Bagis, Bilal, 2019. "Turkish University Students’ Self-Perceptions of Aging: An Analysis Over Socio-Economic Dimensions," GLO Discussion Paper Series 391, Global Labor Organization (GLO).
- Reitmann, Ann-Kristin & Goedhuys, Micheline & Grimm, Michael & Nillesen, Eleonora E.M., 2019. "Measuring attitudes on gender equality and domestic violence in the Arab context : The role of framing, priming and interviewer effects," MERIT Working Papers 2019-027, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Paul Collier, 2019. "Ideas, Networks and Jobs: Rebasing Growth In The Middle East And North Africa," Working Papers 1331, Economic Research Forum, revised 21 Aug 2019.
- Akar, Betul & Akyol, Pelin & Okten, Cagla, 2019. "Education and Prosocial Behavior: Evidence from Time Use Survey," IZA Discussion Papers 12558, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Pelin Öge Güney, 2019. "Macroeconomic Uncertainty and Investment Relationship for Turkey," Working Papers 1332, Economic Research Forum, revised 21 Aug 2019.
- Hertog, Steffen, 2018. "Can we Saudize the labor market without damaging the private sector?," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 101471, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Amna Malik & Halil Orhan & Halil Fatih AkgÃ¼l & Altay ElÃ§in, 2019. "Analysis of the Strategy of Microfinance for Financial Inclusion of Refugees," Working Paper b75c08f0-43ad-4430-a91e-6, European Microfinance Network.
- Miroslav Mateev, 2019. "Regulation and ownership effect on banks performance: New Evidence from the MENA region," Proceedings of Economics and Finance Conferences 8911196, International Institute of Social and Economic Sciences.
- Walid Merouani, 2019. "The Impact of Mass Media On Voting Behavior: The Cross-Country Evidence," Working Papers 1330, Economic Research Forum, revised 21 Aug 2019.
- Sanem Bengü Uygunkan, 2019. "The Relationship Between The Star System And The Popular Culture And Turkey?S ?Superstar? Ajda Pekkan," Proceedings of International Academic Conferences 8711615, International Institute of Social and Economic Sciences.
- Fethi Amri, 2019. "Innovation technology and environmental sustainability in the case of Tunisia," Working Papers 1323, Economic Research Forum, revised 21 Aug 2019.
- Roohola Ramezani, 2019. "True Development or Just Some Nugatory Digits? A Social-Epistemological Study of Iran’s Global Rank in Scientific Output," Working Papers 1314, Economic Research Forum, revised 21 Aug 2019.
- Serge Svizzero & Clement Tisdell, 2019. "Barter and the Origin of Money and Some Insights from the Ancient Palatial Economies of Mesopotamia and Egypt," Working Papers hal-02274856, HAL.
- Imad Moosa, 2019. "The Environmental Effects of FDI: Evidence from MENA Countries," Working Papers 1321, Economic Research Forum, revised 21 Aug 2019.
- Fayçal Mraihi & Inane Kanzari, 2019. "Predicting financial distress of companies: Comparison between multivariate discriminant analysis and multilayer perceptron for Tunisian case," Working Papers 1328, Economic Research Forum, revised 21 Aug 2019.
- Hertog, Steffen, 2019. "What would the Saudi economy have to look like to be 'post rentier'?," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 101386, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Mamdouh Abdelmoula M. Abdelsalama & Hany Abdel-Latif, 2019. "An optimal early warning system for currency crises under model uncertainty," Working Papers 1334, Economic Research Forum, revised 21 Aug 2019.