Report NEP-AFR-2010-12-11This is the archive for NEP-AFR, a report on new working papers in the area of Africa. Quentin Wodon issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Sebastian Elischer, 2010. "Measuring and Comparing Party Ideology in Nonindustrialized Societies: Taking Party Manifesto Research to Africa," GIGA Working Paper Series 139, GIGA German Institute of Global and Area Studies.
- FAYE Ousmane & BASCHIERI Angela & FALKINGHAM Jane & MUINDI Kanyiva, 2010. "Hunger and Food Insecurity in Nairobi's Slums: An assessment using IRT models'," LISER Working Paper Series 2010-33, LISER.
- Kafayat Amusa & Rangan Gupta & Shaakira Karolia & Beatrice D. Simo Kengne, 2010. "The Long-Run Impact of Inflation in South Africa," Working Papers 201029, University of Pretoria, Department of Economics.
- Riona Arjoon & Mariette Botes & Laban K. Chesang & Rangan Gupta, 2010. "The Long-Run Relationship between Inflation and Real Stock Prices: Empirical Evidence from South Africa," Working Papers 201028, University of Pretoria, Department of Economics.
- Ali Babikir & Rangan Gupta & Chance Mwabutwa & Emmanuel Owusu-Sekyere, 2010. "Structural Breaks and GARCH Models of Stock Return Volatility: The Case of South Africa," Working Papers 201030, University of Pretoria, Department of Economics.
- Albert Touna Mama & Jacques Ewoudou, 2010. "Who is credit constrained among denied or discouraged borrowers?"," Working Papers 199, Economic Research Southern Africa.
- Akay, Alpaslan & Martinsson, Peter, 2010. "Does relative income matter for the very poor? - Evidence from rural Ethiopia," Working Papers in Economics 475, University of Gothenburg, Department of Economics.
- Lena Giesbert & Kati Schindler, 2010. "Assets, Shocks, and Poverty Traps in Rural Mozambique," GIGA Working Paper Series 150, GIGA German Institute of Global and Area Studies.
- Item repec:jet:dpaper:dpaper243 is not listed on IDEAS anymore
- N.Z Mandimika & Z. Chinzara, 2010. "Risk-return tradeoff and the behaviour of volatility on the South African stock market: Evidence from both aggregate and disaggregate data," Working Papers 198, Economic Research Southern Africa.
- Rangan Gupta & Mampho P. Modise, 2010. "South African Stock Return Predictability in the Context of Data Mining: The Role of Financial Variables and International Stock Returns," Working Papers 201027, University of Pretoria, Department of Economics.
- Robert Kappel, 2010. "On the Economics of Regional Powers: Comparing China, India, Brazil, and South Africa," GIGA Working Paper Series 145, GIGA German Institute of Global and Area Studies.
- de Walque, Damien & Kazianga, Harounan & Over, Mead, 2010. "Antiretroviral therapy awareness and risky sexual behaviors : evidence from Mozambique," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5486, The World Bank.
- Olivier STERCK, 2010. "Should prevention campaigns disclose the transmission rate of HIV/AIDS? Theory and evidence from Burundi," Discussion Papers (IRES - Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales) 2010042, Université catholique de Louvain, Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales (IRES).