Report NEP-AFR-2009-08-22This is the archive for NEP-AFR, a report on new working papers in the area of Africa. Quentin Wodon issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Hisako KAI & Shigeyuki HAMORI, 2009. "Globalization, Financial Depth, and Inequality in Sub-Saharan Africa," Discussion Papers 0912, Graduate School of Economics, Kobe University.
- Reyno Seymore & Margaret Mabugu & Jan van Heerden, 2009. "The Competitiveness Impact Of A Multilateral Electricity Generation Tax," Working Papers 200919, University of Pretoria, Department of Economics.
- Rania Antonopoulos & Taun N. Toay, 2009. "From Unpaid to Paid Care Work--The Macroeconomic Implications of HIV and AIDS on Women's Time-tax Burdens," Economics Working Paper Archive wp_570, Levy Economics Institute.
- James Blignaut & Jan van Heerden, 2009. "Is Water Shedding Next?," Working Papers 200918, University of Pretoria, Department of Economics.
- Burca Kizilirmak & Emel Memis, 2009. "The Unequal Burden of Poverty on Time Use," Economics Working Paper Archive wp_572, Levy Economics Institute.
- Volker Clausen & Hannah Schürenberg-Frosch, 2009. "Aid, Spending Strategies and Productivity Effects – A Multi-sectoral CGE Analysis for Zambia," Ruhr Economic Papers 0127, Rheinisch-Westfälisches Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung, Ruhr-Universität Bochum, Universität Dortmund, Universität Duisburg-Essen.
- Marie-Anne Valfort, 2009. "Democracy and voting survey: first results from Ethiopia," Working Papers hal-00375561, HAL.
- Hasan, Lubna, 2009. "Disease, Institutions and Underdevelopment," MPRA Paper 16862, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Reyno Seymore & Philip David Adams & Margaret Mabugu & Jan van Heerden & James Blignaut, 2009. "The Impact Of An Electricity Generation Tax On The South African Economy," Working Papers 200920, University of Pretoria, Department of Economics.
- Christian von Soest, 2009. "Stagnation of a “Miracle”:Botswana’s Governance Record Revisited," GIGA Working Paper Series 99, GIGA German Institute of Global and Area Studies.
- Akay, Alpaslan & Martinsson, Peter & Medhin, Haileselassie, 2009. "Does Positional Concern Matter in Poor Societies? Evidence from a Survey Experiment in Rural Ethiopia," IZA Discussion Papers 4354, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).