Report NEP-AFR-2005-03-13This is the archive for NEP-AFR, a report on new working papers in the area of Africa. Sam Sarpong issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Konseiga, Adama, 2005. "Regionalism in West Africa: Do Polar Countries Reap the Benefits? A Role for Migration," IZA Discussion Papers 1516, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Frölich, Markus & Michaelowa, Katharina, 2005. "Peer Effects and Textbooks in Primary Education: Evidence from Francophone Sub-Saharan Africa," IZA Discussion Papers 1519, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Benjamin Bridgman, . "Why Are Ethnically Divided Countries Poor?," Departmental Working Papers 2003-11, Department of Economics, Louisiana State University.
- Torsten Persson, 2005. "Forms of Democracy, Policy and Economic Development," NBER Working Papers 11171, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Michael Bordo & Christopher Meissner, 2005. "Financial Crises, 1880-1913: The Role of Foreign Currency Debt," NBER Working Papers 11173, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Torfinn Harding & Jørn Rattsø, 2005. "The Barrier Model of Productivity Growth: South Africa," Working Paper Series 4805, Department of Economics, Norwegian University of Science and Technology.
- Bruno Merlevede & Koen Schoors, 2004. "Reform, FDI and Economic Growth: Tale of the Tortoise and the Hare," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series wp730, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Johannes G. Hoogeveen & Berk Özler, 2005. "Not Separate, Not Equal: Poverty and Inequality in Post-Apartheid South Africa," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series wp739, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Sandra Freire, 2004. "Funeral Costs, Saving Behaviour and HIV/AIDS," Cahiers de la Maison des Sciences Economiques bla04092, Université Panthéon-Sorbonne (Paris 1).