How to Lose Money in Derivatives: Examples from Hedge Funds and Bank Trading Departments
In: THE WORLD SCIENTIFIC HANDBOOK OF FUTURES MARKETS
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Ziemba, Bill & Lleo, Sebastien, 2014. "How to lose money in derivatives: examples from hedge funds and bank trading departments," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 61219, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
References listed on IDEAS
- Fama, Eugene F & French, Kenneth R, 1992. "The Cross-Section of Expected Stock Returns," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 47(2), pages 427-465, June.
- Franklin R. Edward, 1999. "Hedge Funds and the Collapse of Long-Term Capital Management," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 13(2), pages 189-210, Spring.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Lleo, Sébastien & Ziemba, William T., 2015.
"Some historical perspectives on the Bond-Stock Earnings Yield Model for crash prediction around the world,"
International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 399-425.
- Lleo, Sebastien & Ziemba, Bill, 2014. "Some historical perspectives on the Bond-Stock Earnings Yield Model for crash prediction around the world," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 60960, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Christiane Goodfellow & Dirk Schiereck & Steffen Wippler, 2013. "Are behavioural finance equity funds a superior investment? A note on fund performance and market efficiency," Journal of Asset Management, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 14(2), pages 111-119, April.
- Harrison Hong & Terence Lim & Jeremy C. Stein, 2000.
"Bad News Travels Slowly: Size, Analyst Coverage, and the Profitability of Momentum Strategies,"
Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 55(1), pages 265-295, February.
- Harrison Hong & Terence Lim & Jeremy C. Stein, 1998. "Bad News Travels Slowly: Size, Analyst Coverage and the Profitability of Momentum Strategies," NBER Working Papers 6553, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Croce, M.M. & Nguyen, Thien T. & Raymond, S. & Schmid, L., 2019. "Government debt and the returns to innovation," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 132(3), pages 205-225.
- Hansen, Lars Peter, 2013. "Uncertainty Outside and Inside Economic Models," Nobel Prize in Economics documents 2013-7, Nobel Prize Committee.
- David Hirshleifer & Danling Jiang, 2010.
"A Financing-Based Misvaluation Factor and the Cross-Section of Expected Returns,"
Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 23(9), pages 3401-3436.
- Hirshleifer, David & Jiang, Danling, 2007. "A Financing-Based Misvaluation Factor and the Cross Section of Expected Returns," MPRA Paper 20636, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 10 Feb 2010.
- Lepori, Gabriele M., 2015. "Investor mood and demand for stocks: Evidence from popular TV series finales," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 33-47.
- David J. Moore & David McMillan, 2016. "A look at the actual cost of capital of US firms," Cogent Economics & Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 4(1), pages 1233628-123, December.
- Ho, Ron Yiu-wah & Strange, Roger & Piesse, Jenifer, 2006. "On the conditional pricing effects of beta, size, and book-to-market equity in the Hong Kong market," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 16(3), pages 199-214, July.
- Chen, Sichong, 2013. "How do leverage ratios affect bank share performance during financial crises: The Japanese experience of the late 1990s," Journal of the Japanese and International Economies, Elsevier, vol. 30(C), pages 1-18.
- Karen K. Lewis, 2011. "Global Asset Pricing," Annual Review of Financial Economics, Annual Reviews, vol. 3(1), pages 435-466, December.
- Wang, Peipei & Wen, Yuanji & Singh, Harminder, 2017. "The high-volume return premium: Does it exist in the Chinese stock market?," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 46(PB), pages 323-336.
- Constantinos Antoniou & John A. Doukas & Avanidhar Subrahmanyam, 2016. "Investor Sentiment, Beta, and the Cost of Equity Capital," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 62(2), pages 347-367, February.
- Radosław Kurach, 2013. "Does Beta Explain Global Equity Market Volatility – Some Empirical Evidence," Contemporary Economics, University of Economics and Human Sciences in Warsaw., vol. 7(2), June.
- Scholtens, Bert, 2008. "A note on the interaction between corporate social responsibility and financial performance," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 68(1-2), pages 46-55, December.
- Shi, Yun & Cui, Xiangyu & Zhou, Xunyu, 2020. "Beta and Coskewness Pricing: Perspective from Probability Weighting," SocArXiv 5rqhv, Center for Open Science.
- Jeremy Leake, 2003. "Credit spreads on sterling corporate bonds and the term structure of UK interest rates," Bank of England working papers 202, Bank of England.
- Abugri, Benjamin A. & Dutta, Sandip, 2014. "Are we overestimating REIT idiosyncratic risk? Analysis of pricing effects and persistence," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 29(C), pages 249-259.
- Cameron Truong, 2013. "The January effect, does options trading matter?," Australian Journal of Management, Australian School of Business, vol. 38(1), pages 31-48, April.
- David E. Allen & Michael McAleer & Abhay K. Singh, 2019.
"Daily market news sentiment and stock prices,"
Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 51(30), pages 3212-3235, June.
- David E. Allen & Michael McAleer & Abhay K. Singh, 2015. "Daily Market News Sentiment and Stock Prices," Documentos de Trabajo del ICAE 2015-11, Universidad Complutense de Madrid, Facultad de Ciencias Económicas y Empresariales, Instituto Complutense de Análisis Económico.
- Allen, D.E. & McAleer, M.J. & Singh, A.K., 2015. "Daily Market News Sentiment and Stock Prices," Econometric Institute Research Papers EI2015-23, Erasmus University Rotterdam, Erasmus School of Economics (ESE), Econometric Institute.
- David E. Allen & Michael McAleer & Abhay K. Singh, 2015. "Daily Market News Sentiment and Stock Prices," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 15-090/III, Tinbergen Institute.
- Flouris, Triant & Walker, Thomas, 2005. "Financial Comparisons Across Different Business Models in the Canadian Airline Industry," 46th Annual Transportation Research Forum, Washington, D.C., March 6-8, 2005 208157, Transportation Research Forum.
More about this item
KeywordsFutures Markets; Pricing; Risk Management; Futures Trading; Stock Indexes; Interest Rates; Futures Prices; Portfolio Theory; Hedge Funds; Foreign Exchange;
All these keywords.
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
- G23 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Non-bank Financial Institutions; Financial Instruments; Institutional Investors
- G33 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Bankruptcy; Liquidation
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wsi:wschap:9789814566926_0022. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Tai Tone Lim). General contact details of provider: http://www.worldscientific.com/page/worldscibooks .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.