James M. Holmes
|Terminal Degree:||1967 Department of Economics; University of Chicago (from RePEc Genealogy)|
Department of Economics Buffalo, New York (United States)
State University of New York-Buffalo (SUNY)
: (716) 645-2121
415 Fronczak Hall, Box 601520, Buffalo, New York 14260-1520
RePEc:edi:debufus (more details at EDIRC)
Research outputJump to: Working papers Articles
- Holmes, J., 1999. "Measuring the Determinants of School Completion in Pakistan: Analysis of Censoring and Selection Bias," Papers 794, Yale - Economic Growth Center.
- James M. Holmes & Gary D. Praetzel & Donald H. Dutkowsky, 1981. "Coefficient bias from the observation interval of a time series," Working Papers 8101, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas.
- James M. Holmes & Patricia A. Hutton, 2005. "A Stochastic Monopsony Theory of the Business Cycle," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 43(1), pages 206-219, January.
- James M. Holmes & David J. Smyth & Patricia A Hutton, 2004. "Monetary effects of a consumption tax," Pacific Economic Review, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 9(1), pages 75-79, February.
- David Smyth & James Holmes & Joshy Easaw, 2000. "Is transitory consumption really independent of transitory income?," Atlantic Economic Journal, Springer;International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 28(4), pages 492-492, December.
- Holmes, James M & Hutton, Patricia A, 1996. "Keynesian Involuntary Unemployment and Sticky Nominal Wages," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 106(439), pages 1564-1585, November.
- Holmes, James M. & Dowd, Michael R. & Black, David C., 1995. "Ignorance may be optimal? Some welfare implications of rational versus non-rational expectations," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 17(3), pages 377-386.
- Holmes, James M & Hutton, Patricia A, 1992. "A New Test of Money-Income Causality," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 24(3), pages 338-355, August.
- Holmes, James M & Hutton, Patricia A & Weber, Edward, 1991. "A Functional-Form-Free Test of the Research and Development/Firm Size Relationship," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 9(1), pages 85-90, January.
- Holmes, James M. & Dowd, Mike & Black, David C., 1991. "Why real wages do not fall when there is unemployment," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 9-16, January.
- James M. Holmes & Patricia A. Hutton, 1991. "An Application of a New Test of Prima Facie Causality to Livestock Markets," Canadian Journal of Agricultural Economics/Revue canadienne d'agroeconomie, Canadian Agricultural Economics Society/Societe canadienne d'agroeconomie, vol. 39(3), pages 481-491, November.
- Holmes, James M & Hutton, Patricia A, 1990. "On the Causal Relationship between Government Expenditures and National Income," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 72(1), pages 87-95, February.
- Holmes, James M. & A. Hutton, Patricia, 1990. "Small sample properties of the multiple rank F-test with lagged dependent variables," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 33(1), pages 55-61, May.
- Holmes, James M. & Hutton, Patricia A., 1989. "'Optimal' model selection when the true relationship is weak and occurs with a delay," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 30(4), pages 333-339, October.
- Holmes, James M. & Manning, Richard, 1988. "Memory and market stability : The case of the cobweb," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 1-7.
- David J. Smyth & James M. Holmes, 1981. "The Employment Ratio and the Potential Labor Surplus in Phillips-Type Relationships: A Note," Journal of Post Keynesian Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 4(1), pages 75-80, October.
- Holmes, James M. & Smyth, David J., 1979. "Deficit financing, liquidity, and the government budget constraint," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 1(1), pages 83-106.
- Holmes, James M. & Smyth, David J., 1979. "Excess demand for labor, unemployment, and theories of the Phillips curve," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 1(4), pages 347-372.
- Holmes, James M, 1974. "A Test of the Permanent-Income Hypothesis: Comment," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 82(1), pages 185-191, Jan.-Feb..
- Holmes, James M, 1973. "The Process of International Adjustment under Conditions of Full Employment: A Keynesian View Revised," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 81(6), pages 1407-1429, Nov.-Dec..
- James M. Holmes, 1972. "The Existence of Capital Flows, Fixed and Flexible Exchange Rates and Full Employment," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 5(2), pages 215-226, May.
- Holmes, James M, 1972. "Monetary and Fiscal Policies in a General Equilibrium Underemployment Trade Model under Fixed Exchange Rates," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 13(2), pages 386-398, June.
- Holmes, James M & Smyth, David J, 1972. "The Specification of the Demand for Money and the Tax Multiplier," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 80(1), pages 179-185, Jan.-Feb..
- L A Brown & J Holmes, 1971. "Search behavior in an intra-urban migration context: a spatial perspective," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 3(3), pages 307-326, March.
- Swamy, P A V B & Holmes, James M, 1971. "The Use of Undersized Samples in the Estimation of Simultaneous Equation Systems," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 39(3), pages 455-459, May.
- Smyth, David J & Holmes, James M, 1970. "Potential Money as a Monetary Policy Indicator," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 46(116), pages 584-587, December.
- Holmes, James M & Smyth, David J, 1970. "The Relation between Unemployment and Excess Demand for Labour: An Examination of the Theory of the Phillips Curve," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 37(147), pages 311-315, August.
- Smith, D.J. & Holmes, J.M., 1970. "The Statistical Relationship between Imports of Investment Goods and Gross Domestic Product in Developing Countries," Economic Analysis and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 1(1), pages 14-17.
- James M. Holmes, 1967. "The Purchasing-Power-Parity Theory: In Defense of Gustav Cassel as a Modern Theorist," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 75, pages 686-686.
More informationResearch fields, statistics, top rankings, if available.
Access and download statistics for all items
RankingsThis author is among the top 5% authors according to these criteria:
- Number of Distinct Works, Weighted by Number of Authors and Recursive Impact Factors
- Number of Journal Pages, Weighted by Number of Authors and Recursive Impact Factors
- Record of graduates
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. For general information on how to correct material on RePEc, see these instructions.
To update listings or check citations waiting for approval, James M. Holmes should log into the RePEc Author Service.
To make corrections to the bibliographic information of a particular item, find the technical contact on the abstract page of that item. There, details are also given on how to add or correct references and citations.
To link different versions of the same work, where versions have a different title, use this form. Note that if the versions have a very similar title and are in the author's profile, the links will usually be created automatically.
Please note that most corrections can take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.