by members of
Division of Management, Policy and Community Health
These are publications listed in RePEc written by members of the above institution who are registered with the RePEc Author Service. Thus this compiles the works all those currently affiliated with this institutions, not those affilated at the time of publication. List of registered members. Register yourself. This page is updated in the first days of each month.
University of Texas-School of Public Health
Houston/Austin/San Antonio, Texas (United States)
| Working papers | Journal articles |
- Estrada, Joselito K. & Brown, H. Shelton, III & Hazarika, Gautam, 2005. "Estimating the Economic Impact of Disease on a Local Economy: The Case of Diabetes in the Lower Rio Grande Valley of Texas," 2005 Annual Meeting, February 5-9, 2005, Little Rock, Arkansas 35563, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
- H. Brown & José Pagán & Elena Bastida, 2009. "International competition and the demand for health insurance in the US: evidence from the Texas–Mexico border region," International Journal of Health Care Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 9(1), pages 25-38, March.
- Brown, Henry Shelton, 2008. "Do Mexican immigrants substitute health care in Mexico for health insurance in the United States? The role of distance," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 67(12), pages 2036-2042, December.
- Brown, Iii, H. Shelton, 2007. "Lawsuit activity, defensive medicine, and small area variation: the case of cesarean sections revisited," Health Economics, Policy and Law, Cambridge University Press, vol. 2(03), pages 285-296, July.
- H. Brown & José Pagán, 2006. "Managed care and the scale efficiency of US hospitals," International Journal of Health Care Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 6(4), pages 278-289, December.
- H. Brown & Luke Connelly, 2005. "Lifetime Cover in Private Insurance Markets," International Journal of Health Care Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 5(1), pages 75-88, January.
- H. Shelton Brown & Luke Connelly, 2005. "Market failure in long-term private health insurance markets: a proposed solution," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 12(5), pages 281-284.
- H. Shelton Brown, 2002. "Optimal facility placement and discriminatory congestion pricing in neighborhoods with different time costs," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer, vol. 36(2), pages 181-196.
- Brown, H. III, 1996. "Physician demand for leisure: implications for cesarean section rates," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(2), pages 233-242, April.