Controlling Strategy: Management, Accounting, and Performance Measurement
- Chapman, Christopher S.(University Lecturer in Management Studies at the Said Business School, and Fellow in Accounting, Linacre College, University of Oxford)
Ideas about the role of management accounting systems in a firm's strategy have changed in recent years, and this book explores the ways in which this has happened. Management control systems have frequently been seen as irrelevant to strategy, or even damaging. Controlling Strategy draws out the various ways in which management control systems can build and sustain valuable strategic roles. The book explores topics such as: *Strategic measurement; *Strategic data analysis; *The Balanced Scorecard; *Capital budgeting; *Strategy coordination; Written as an introduction to the strategic role of management control systems Controlling Strategy provides a synthesis of important work in the fields of strategy and management accounting. Academics and Advanced Students of Accounting, Strategy, or Management Studies will find the book an indispensable guide to this area. Contributors to this volume - Thomas Ahrens, Warwick Business School, University of Warwick Christopher S. Chapman, Said Business School, University of Oxford Robert H. Chenhall, Monash University & James Cook University Tony Davila, STanford Graduate School of Business, Stanford University & IESE Business School Allan Hansen, Copenhagen Business School Christopher Ittner, The Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania Kim Langfield-Smith, Monash University Dave Larcker, The Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania Peter Miller, London School of Economics Jan Mouritsen, Copenhagen Business School Ted O'Leary, University of Manchester
To our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
|This book is provided by Oxford University Press in its series OUP Catalogue with number 9780199280636 and published in 2005.|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.oup.com/ |
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.oup.com/|
- Dan Ioan Topor & Alina Putan & Sorinel Capusneanu, 2011.
"The Role of Management Accounting in Providing Information for Making Decision Within an Entity,"
International Journal of Academic Research in Accounting, Finance and Management Sciences,
Human Resource Management Academic Research Society, International Journal of Academic Research in Accounting, Finance and Management Sciences, vol. 1(2), pages 56-66, December.
- Topor, Dan Ioan & Puţan, Alina & Căpuşneanu, Sorinel/I, 2011. "The role of management accounting in providing Information for making decision within an entity," MPRA Paper 36219, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Manjola Naco & Hysen Cela & Petrit Dollani, 2010. "The Management Accounting Practices in Albania in the Context of Globalization," Contemporary Economics, University of Finance and Management in Warsaw, vol. 4(3), October.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:oxp:obooks:9780199280636. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Economics Book Marketing)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
Follow series, journals, authors & more
New papers by email
Subscribe to new additions to RePEc
Public profiles for Economics researchers
Various rankings of research in Economics & related fields
Who was a student of whom, using RePEc
Curated articles & papers various economics topics
Blog aggregator for economics research
Cases of plagiarism in Economics
Job Market Papers
RePEc working paper series dedicated to the job market
Pretend you are at the helm of an economics department
Services from the StL Fed
Data, research, apps & more from the St. Louis Fed